Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
fursan_aqsa_release_banner_2019.png

Assalamu Alaykum (Peace be with you)

First of all, I would like to thank my brazillian fellow, ROD Lima, for all his help with Unreal Scripting Programming. He is most know for his Resident Evil 2 Fan Remake in UDK Engine:

I would like also to thank my friends at UDK Engine Forums (https://forums.unrealengine.com/legacy-tools-unreal-engine-3-udk) for all their help and support.

As you may know, recently I had to put offline my project UDK Ultimate Engine (the custom build of UDK Engine with PS3 and Xbox360 Export Support) for copyrights reasons (EPIC asked me to do this), however, they were very kind with me and allowed me to keep using my custom version of UDK to publish my games, I even signed with them an Unreal Engine License Commercial Amendment, so now I am a Licensed Unreal Engine Developer and I am ready to pursue my dream of life!

#################################

resistance_not_terrorism_final.png

DISCLAIMER: In this game, the player does not shoot Israeli civilians, women, children, elderly, only soldiers. Also in this game there are NO images of sexual content, illicit drugs, religious desecration, hate of speech against any group, ethnicity or religion, anti-Semitist propaganda against Jews, Nazi propaganda or boasting of any terrorist groups and / or other unlawful acts. This game only contains the virtual representation of the Palestinian Resistance Movement against the Israeli Military Occupation, which is officially recognized by the United Nations (UN). I even sent this project for Brazillian's Government Justice Department, Age Rating Sector (kinda Brazillian ESRB) for their approval and age rating. This project was approved, now I am just waiting for the Age Rating Information of my game which will be available very soon on their website (http://portal.mj.gov.br/ClassificacaoIndicativa/jsps/ConsultarJogoForm.do)

I am Brazillian, from Arab ascendance, my father is from Palestine, and something I never revealed before, and one of the biggest reasons of me creating this game, is that my father was a Fighter of the Palestine Resistance Movement, he fought against Israel Army in the Lebanese Civil War on the 70's, and from since I was a kid, I felt too much proud of my father and the Palestine People in General, because of their Strenght and Constant Resistance. So this game is kinda tribute to the Brave People of Palestine and their Resistance against Military Occupation.

fursan_al_aqsa_title_screen.png

Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque is a Third Person Action Game on which you play as Ahmad al-Ghazzawi, a young Palestinian Student who was unjustly tortured and jailed by Israeli Soldiers for 5 years, had all his family killed by an Israeli Airstrike and now after getting out from the prison he seeks revenge against those who wronged him, killed his family and stolen his homeland.

This game is being developed during the course of 4 years by one person (me, Nidal Nijm), in a custom version of UDK Engine (Unreal Engine 3), using the best technology to tell a compelling story through a game packed with non stop action, advanced 3D graphics and modern gameplay mechanics, however keeping the soul of old school shooters. You will play in missions accross ground, sea and sky, you have many objectives to accomplish in each mission, epic bosses battles, powerful guns, vehicles to drive, helicopters to take down, and much more. Expect a LOT of Action and Adrenaline!!!

This game also is greatly inspired by Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Insurgency Sandstorm.

I hope you enjoy this game and support me by purchasing it, Insha Allah (God's Willing). I decided to release this game as episodes (missions), each mission by a symbolic value just to cover my development costs, as everyone knows that develop a game is not an easy task, it takes a lot of time and efforts. It will be a very small value, however any copy sold of this game is very important and will trully help me. Please buy this game to support me (whenever I release it), Insha Allah (God's Willing), because I trully need your help!

I hope untill the end of this month (november) release a free demo of this game (for PC, PS3 and Xbox360), so people can enjoy and feel what my game is about, enjoy the gameplay, feel the action. I plan to make something similar to Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (If you may remember), on which I will teach the player the basis of the Gameplay, like training the player for the true battle that will come on the final game. About the first episode (mission), I hope to release it untill the end of December, beginning of January 2020.

Now I will show you some trailers of the game itself, a beta version of this game. I am already redoing everything from scratch, remaking the models, animations, and maps, raising the overall quality, polishing things here and there, to deliver a high quality product for all people enjoy.

Also you can see the new updated model for my character protagonist, and the difference between the new player model and the old one, so you all can be sure I am commited to do my best on this game. These old models were just placeholders for me develop the basic game programming framework and features.

This trailer tells the history of how the muslims re-conquered Jerusalem:
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-...mosque/videos/1-fursan-al-aqsa-reveal-trailer

1-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Reveal_Trailer.1.png

This trailer tells the history of the Game's Protagonist:
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/video

fursan_al_aqsa_title_screen.png

This is the promotional trailer "Join the Resistance":
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-.../3-fursan-al-aqsa-join-the-resistance-trailer

3-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Join_The_Resistance_Trailer.1.png

This is the PC Gameplay Trailer. The PC Version supports ANY Gamepad through xbox360 controller emulator (already included):
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-...ue/videos/6-fursan-al-aqsa-pc-gameplay-teaser

6-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_PC_Gameplay_Teaser.1.png

This is the PS3 Gameplay Trailer (sorry for the video quality, I don't have a HDMI Capture Card):
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-...e/videos/7-fursan-al-aqsa-ps3-gameplay-teaser

7-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_PS3_Gameplay_Teaser.1.png

This is the Xbox360 Gameplay Trailer (sorry for the video quality, I don't have a HDMI Capture Card):
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-...deos/8-fursan-al-aqsa-xbox360-gameplay-teaser

8-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_Xbox360_Gameplay_Teaser.png

Some Screenshots of the new Player Model In-Game:

Updated_Player_Model_In_Game_1.png

Updated_Player_Model_In_Game_2.png

Updated_Player_Model_In_Game_3.png

Updated_Player_Model_In_Game_4.png

Updated_Player_Model_In_Game_5.png

Updated_Player_Model_In_Game_6.png

Now some Behind the Scenes Trailers.

Making off "Crusader Battle Trailer":

https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-...os/5-fursan-al-aqsa-reveal-trailer-making-off

5-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Reveal_Trailer_Making_Off.1.png

Making off "Ahmad al-Ghazzawi":
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-...0-fursan-al-aqsa-ahmad-al-ghazzawi-making-off

10-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_Ahmad_al-Ghazzawi_Making_Off.png

You can follow the development of my game here:
https://sites.google.com/view/fursanalaqsagame/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcw8iE7JGheoU3Tq4ducTpw/
https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate
https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque
https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque

Jazakom Allah Khayr (May God give you the best)

udkultimate

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
Hello guys!

Something important I forgot to say.

This map, which will be the first mission (episode) of my game:

bandicam_2019-11-10_07-26-55-644.png

It's a remake of a Custom Map for Counter Strike Global Offensive, the map name is de_heat.

Whenever I create my maps, I like to take many games as reference, and I prefer to use Source Engine Games Maps, because it's easy to import on 3dsmax, and use the original map as a reference to model my map over the original map.

I have choosen this map, because it's similar to the real city of "Old Jerusalem", which is where the first mission of my game takes place.

However, I contacted the original author of this map from since I began creating this map in UDK Engine, last year. And he was very kind to me and gave me authorization to remake his map for my game:

1574698615.or.2482.png

However, as I told before, these screenshots of this map, and the gameplay trailers, are a bit outdated, because I am already working on chaing this map a bit, especially chaning some assets (props) which are from Valve (the devs of Counter Strike) and not from the map author.

I am replacing these assets with some assets created by me and others purchased on 3D Marketplaces arround the internet. This is very common especially for indie and solo developers, purchase assets, download royalty-free assets to use whenever developing a game.

Imagine if all indies would make games creating all the assets from scratch. You would not see so many indie games arround there.

The same is truth for my new updated protagonist model. This new updated model is a mix of character parts from many models, which I purchased recently to update my 3d models library, which was a bit outdated (the marjority of my old models were from the time of Counter Strike Source).

ahmad_preview_final.png

However, you may think: "Man, getting ready models to create a game is very easy, because you have done almost nothing". I must inform you that the truth is far away for this thought. In game development there is no a "copy and paste", or "plug and play" solution, just one click and your game is done! No, even using pre-made 3d Models, you will never get the model which you want to fit on your project unless you do the dirty work of modifying this asset to fit on your game. Yeah, there is a LOT of work to be done.

I have done a lot of manual changes on this model, in example, the head cover was untill the neck, however I wanted this headcover to raise down untill the chest, so I manually modelled that extra part to make it reach the chest. Also the original texture was a plain black, so I manually created in Photoshop this Shemagh Texture in red color, the traditional Palestine Head Cover. Also to add some more depth, I did bake some small shadows on the texture to make it look more realistic and give a kind of fake volume to this head cover.

Another change I have done, because I am using the default UDK Skeleton (Unreal Tournament 3 Rig), and the default Animation System in UDK Engine (UE3) is pre programmed to work with the UT3 Skeleton outside the box, I did manually rig the character mesh to the UT3 Skeleton, as you can see in the video. And the character arms I used for this model, were a bit larger than the UT3 Skeleton, so I had to manually reduce the arms lenght, thus repositioning the hands aswell, to fit perfectly to UT3 Skeleton (so I don't have to re-program the Animation System).

Cheers and untill next update!

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
nice to see this game & the making of , looking forward to the playable beta / demo ;)

Reactions: udkultimate

udkultimate

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
Thanks dude, yeah, I am working hard to finish a very solid and cool demo for PC, PS3 and Xbox360! You will love it.

udkultimate

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
For those who accused my game of terrorist propaganda: I sent the game synopsis alongside gameplay to Brazillian Government Justice Department for Approval and Age Rating. My game was approved, and got Age Rating +18!

1575106465.or.20945.png

1575106485.or.74076.png

Reactions: Dans34

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
If you have to explicitly state "this does not qualify as terrorist propaganda, I've had them check it" you should probably think about what you're doing in the first place.

This game may have better graphics than Ethnic Cleansing and bigger maps than JFK Reloaded, but tastewise they're pretty much on par.

Reactions: dakidski

udkultimate

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
If you have to explicitly state "this does not qualify as terrorist propaganda, I've had them check it" you should probably think about what you're doing in the first place. This game may have better graphics than Ethnic Cleansing and bigger maps than JFK Reloaded, but tastewise they're pretty much on par.

My friend, I respect anyone's opinion and point of view. I will not censore anyone even if they criticize my game, so long as respect and good manners are kept.

I don't agree on what you said that my game is in the same par of a trash game like Ethnic Cleansing, as according the description: "the player controls a neo-Nazi skinhead or a Klansman and is tasked with killing stereotypical Africans, Mexicans, and Jew enemies, ending with then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon".

My game is far away from such a stupid kind of game.

Think on my game as a kind an opposing version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare (the original one), on which you as an American Soldier used to kill Arab Terrorists (not civilians) leadead by General al Asad.

So in my game you play as a Palestinian Resistant killing Zionist Terrorists (not Israel, or Jew Civilians) in a personal quest for revenge.

Anyway, I am planning to add a multiplayer mode with split screen on which one player plays as a palestinian soldier and other as an Israeli Soldier.

It's not for making my game more appealing to non arab players, no, it's just for increasing the replay value of my game, adding some variety, so people can enjoy more than just the campaign.

I could add a co operative mode, however, it will be hard for making in UDK, and also I want my game to be a bit hard (Dark Souls like), so I prefeer a single player campaign.

Cheers

udkultimate

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
Yes, I know of this game, is a good game, just a shooter, without history. So this I will do, make my campaign, and a multiplayer just for fun, without story, just a shooter.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Nice to know PLO and Hamas have also infiltrated Brazil.

Come on man, I mean I'm sceptic to the historical revisionism with the narrative of "reconquest" of Jerusalem (not being muslim to begin with), but I think there's room for an "Opposing Force" version of America's Army or Modern Warfare.

Reactions: Alastor

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
I think there's room for an "Opposing Force" version of America's Army or Modern Warfare.
I on the other hand would prefer real-world politics (and religions) be left out of my vidya completely. Besides unnecessarily spreading propaganda and hate, their stories often do not age well (or if not, they usually have been so overly simplified they might've just as well gone with made-up factions instead).

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Part of videogames becoming a mature business is games will have the same content and message as movies has had for years.

dakidski

Jul 17, 2019
AGName
dakidski
AG Join Date
17/07/2019
This is terrorist glorification, and probably illegal as terrorist propaganda in many Western countries. It is also problematic how you try to brand your homebrew game as legitimate by misusing the Unreal, Sony and Microsoft-brands. Also, no-one cares about Brazilian ratings and classification. Also, be realistic: This crap will never be on PS3 or 360! Use your talents for something better..

Last edited:

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
> This is terrorist glorification
True.
> and probably illegal as terrorist propaganda in many Western countries
Not sure about that, what with freedom of speech etc. But it will have put him on a bundle of government watch lists.
> no-one cares about Brazilian ratings and classification.
Only half true. I'm sure a few Brazilians do... Nobody outside of that country gives a fuck though.
> This crap will never be on PS3 or 360
I thought it already was (unofficially)? Wasn't that the whole point of the "udk engine"?

udkultimate

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
> This is terrorist glorification
No, resistance is not terrorism, however, as I said before, if we began to discus politics here, we will lose focus. Let's see this as a game, which is what it is.

> and probably illegal as terrorist propaganda in many Western countries
Yes, you are right. I think America and Europe will consideer it terrorist propaganda. However, being a Brazillian, so long as my country's law does not consideer it a terrorist propaganda, and this work is not illegal, so for me it is fine because I can work without fearing facing in example, a criminal punishment. And I have many brazillian friends and followers interested in my game.

> It is also problematic how you try to brand your homebrew game as legitimate by misusing the Unreal, Sony and Microsoft-brands
No my friend, I am not misusing these logos. I have an official Contract for Unreal Engine 3 License which I signed recently with EPIC Games, so i have rights to use Unreal Engine 3 Logo. About MS and SONY logo, its just a promotional image, there is nothing wrong on using these for promotional art, because this game indeed runs on PS3 and Xbox360, so this just indicates the game runs on these consoles.

> Also, be realistic: This crap will never be on PS3 or 360!
You are right in parts my friend. You may think I am crazy, however, I sent this game to Sony and Microsoft throught their developer partner program. I registered at ID Xbox, and Playstation Partner Developer. After almost one month, I got their response. They said both said almost the same thing, this kind of game does not comply with their values, even though they support freedom of speech, however, because of the nature of the game plot and history, and this may offend some people. However, both attendants who talked with me, from Sony and other from Xbox, they said that the only
possibility of me releasing this game will be as a homebrew game by myself, because they don't accept new games for PS3 or Xbox360 (only PS4 and Xbox One). The attendants said that Sony and Microsoft don't officially support homebrew games, however, its a grey area. If I would release this game before, whenever it was possible to officially release game for these consoles, I could receive a C&D (Cease and Desist) letters from these companies, however, now it won't happen, because these consoles are discontinuated. Summarizing, now releasing games for PS3 and Xbox360 is just like some developers create new games for retro consoles (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast,..)

> Use your talents for something better..

Thanks man for recognizing my talents. However, why you all just don't wait for the free demo which I will release very soon (I will try to include a demo of the multiplayer also) to test my game. In the end is just a game, maybe some of you may not like the game plot and history, however, maybe you can enjoy the gameplay.

Cheers and thanks for all.

P.S: I am a very open mind guy who likes to listen to people opinion's and critics. I won't fault with respect with anyone just because he/she does not like my game.

udkultimate

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
sites.google.com
AGName
udkultimate
AG Join Date
11/10/2016
Just a random thought I had. If my game was telling the history of vietnamese soldier fighting America's Army resisting against their opression and invasion of Vietnam, I am sure this game would never be labelled as "Vietnamese Terrorist Propaganda". And if you are not aware, many of those vietnamese fighters who fought America were muslims (you can find some information here, though not complete or 100% accurate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Vietnam), they fought against the oppressor. It was similar to what happenned in the Chinese Revolution, where many chinese muslims fought alongside Mao Tse Tung against the Nationalist Chinese Regime (you can find some information here, though not complete or 100% accurate https://www.mei.edu/publications/wh...ging-concepts-islamic-state-and-islamic-world)

However, unfortunatelly, what happens is that Western Media always portrays Arab and Muslims as Terrorists, from a long time ago, many movies, books, games, and so on. This shows how strong is the power of media and how it can model people's opinion. It already created the stereotypical image of terrorist, which is someone wearing a shemagh (arabic head cover), a chest rig and saying Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest).

I know a small game like mine will not be able to change this image, however, at the very least will let people experience this historical conflict between Palestinians and Israelis through another perspective.

These were just some random thoughts.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Just a random thought I had. If my game was telling the history of vietnamese soldier fighting America's Army resisting against their opression and invasion of Vietnam, I am sure this game would never be labelled as "Vietnamese Terrorist Propaganda".

You do know how the Vietnam war started right? North Vietnam invaded South Vietnam. They were the aggressors. America, while not being saints, was a defender of the south.

I know a small game like mine will not be able to change this image, however, at the very least will let people experience this historical conflict between Palestinians and Israelis through another perspective.

Having re-read the synopsis, I have to change my opinion. I thought the protagonist was a combatant in the Lebanese civil war like your dad, not some vigilante set out to murder Israeli soldiers (who through the draft are forced to be there). Why not let it take place during the war of attrition 1967 or a fictional war?

Reactions: udkultimate

dakidski

Jul 17, 2019
AGName
dakidski
AG Join Date
17/07/2019
Thanks for your reply.

I could receive a C&D (Cease and Desist) letters from these companies, however, now it won't happen, because these consoles are discontinuated
Oh, you will still get that letter. Their legal departments won't let you get away with it.

Thanks man for recognizing my talents.
Well you obviously have them. But you are limiting yourself from ever working abroad if you pursue this project through. Companies in USA or Europe might not be able to hire you.

Why not let it take place during the war of attrition 1967 or a fictional war?
Or even better, a brazililan war, then He can still maintain the interest of his fellow countrymen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Brazil

Make a donation