Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
If I had 2mil to spend on gaming, there’s plenty of other equipment/ software I’d rather have - and I’m PlayStation through and through.
I mean, I could buy a warehouse and fill it with original arcade games, which I could play every day!
Yeah, if i had the money to buy this I wouldn't. Probably just invest

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Talk to Metal Jesus or Joe from Game Sack about an appearance on their channels and it will be.

That Simpsons Season 2 episode when they all bought a copy Radioactive man #1.........

Lol I feel bad enough I’ve seen prices go up with my videos. I don’t want to price myself out of my own “game”

takeshi385

Registered
Jun 4, 2019
AGName
takeshi385
AG Join Date
Mar 29, 2011
For 2 million you could pay a team of burglars to steal the mother 3 n64 beta cart from hal labs, dump it and return it. For a lot less actually. I mean it’s supposed to be only 3 levels or so complete, but that’s still interesting.

Reactions: pato and Pinta77

PopetherevXXVIII

Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
For 2 million you could pay a team of burglars to steal the mother 3 n64 beta cart from hal labs, dump it and return it. For a lot less actually. I mean it’s supposed to be only 3 levels or so complete, but that’s still interesting.

I want to find the masters of certian sega games that are rotting in a Japanese landfill...or on a garbage barge in the middle of the ocean

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Yeah tbh, I might be scared to have a 2 million dollar item inside my home just because some one might pay to have it burglarized

A. Snow

Jun 2, 2019
AGName
A. Snow
AG Join Date
2000 or so
I've been surprised before but seriously doubt It will go for a million let alone 2 million. Just my opinion but that thing is way too far in a legal grey area for someone to spend that amount on it.

hippo

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
assemblergames.com
AGName
tichua
AG Join Date
Feb 5, 2008
According to the owner, he got an offer of 1.25m from Sweden awhile ago. The article on Kotaku also mentioned that.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I've been surprised before but seriously doubt It will go for a million let alone 2 million. Just my opinion but that thing is way too far in a legal grey area for someone to spend that amount on it.
I mean.. maybe you're right. I dont know. Part of me thinks if there were any legal issues, Sony or Nintendo would have done something by now, I'm sure they know about this.

It's not stolen property, the owner found it in a box he got from a liquidation auction right? So he is the legal owner of the item. That's the way I see it at least.

A. Snow

Jun 2, 2019
AGName
A. Snow
AG Join Date
2000 or so
Story I heard was that it was found while cleaning out an office at Advanta which Olaf Olafson worked for. He would be who I worried about more in a legal fight rather than Sony (definite claim) or Nintendo (possible claim). Would suck to get a letter saying something to the degree of "I thought I lost that property years ago and would like it back, Please relinquish it or face legal action." I don't know what the mans character is like but I know if I saw property I had a possible claim on sell for that much I would be speaking to a lawyer.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Story I heard was that it was found while cleaning out an office at Advanta which Olaf Olafson worked for. He would be who I worried about more in a legal fight rather than Sony (definite claim) or Nintendo (possible claim). Would suck to get a letter saying something to the degree of "I thought I lost that property years ago and would like it back, Please relinquish it or face legal action." I don't know what the mans character is like but I know if I saw property I had a possible claim on sell for that much I would be speaking to a lawyer.
Ah yeah I think you're correct, that sounds familiar. I must have been getting my stories mixed up.

Well... it's going to be interesting.

MrMario2011

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
I've always been surprised to see how cool Nintendo and Sony were with this by simply turning a blind eye to it. I have a feeling this will get into the hands of a super rich enthusiast overseas, regardless I hope it doesn't get locked away in a vault for decades. I'd still like to see this thing make more appearances around the world!

In regards to people wanting this in a museum: Although that would be nice, this console has been extremely well preserved/documented/restored. The disc drive initially didn't work in this console, but it now does thanks to Ben Heck! The console has been completely torn down and documented for all to see. The BIOS was also dumped and released long ago, so we really have and know about everything we need to know with the console itself.

Reactions: Pinta77

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
I thought the Sony president acknowledged it when it was found and was cool with it.

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Did they get permission to release the BIOS? If whoever did thinks Sony wouldn't sink low enough to sue over that, they are very foreign to Sony's practices since they've been in the video game industry.

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
Ah yeah I think you're correct, that sounds familiar. I must have been getting my stories mixed up.

Well... it's going to be interesting.

You are correct - the story was that it was in the bottom of a box that was purchased from the liquidation auction - which is very convenient since US law gives good title to the purchaser in that situation.

A. Snow

Jun 2, 2019
AGName
A. Snow
AG Join Date
2000 or so
Olafson left Advantia in 1999 according to Wikipedia and the company didn't go belly up until ten years later. That puts a big wrinkle in the liquidation auction story.

Tyree_Cooper

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
Tyree_Cooper
AG Join Date
Jun 29, 2009
yeah i remember this was bought by the guy easily, since he knew what was in the boxes being auctioned, he was working there or had some inside info i forgot the exact reason
either way, you get offered 1.25 millions but want 2 millions for it, ok whatever, not my piece of plastic
i hope whoever buys it (if it gets sold) knows that it will turn yellow and brittle in a couple of years

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
Current bid is $360k not including the 20% buyers premium... OUCH!
I mean, good for him. He did share tons of info and let people see it and play with it. If he can comfortably retire by selling it afterwards, I can't say I wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinta77

Make a donation