Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Nintendo Video Player (WIS-009) location?

Luckless Heaven

Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
www.lucklessheaven.com
Bit of a long shot here, but a piece of hardware seemingly related to the Wii U was found in South Korea, and was referred to as 소형 동영상 재생기 (literal translation "a Small Video Player". The guy who took pictures of the video player noted that he had received it as an item trade, with the person trading it not knowing what it did. (Source Link)

Despite not being tested, the video player was later sold on eBay for at least $610 after a fairly intense bidding war. (Archived Auction Link)

My question is, does anyone know what happened to it? Who bought it? Are there more out there? What does it do? What was it intended for?
The only thing I can really speculate, is that it may have been used for in-store demonstrations, as the WIS-XXX hardware code is also used for Wii U kiosk units and related hardware.

WIS-009_01.jpgWIS-009_02.jpgWIS-009_03.jpgWIS-009_04.jpg

Lethaltail

Donator
Donator
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
hbc
AG Join Date
Jan 10, 2010
There's a CTR version (CIS-013 "Movie Information Transmitter") which is a Raspberry Pi in a metal case. I found info that this WIS-009 existed in the KCC database but i didn't find pictures of it at the time, (thanks!) This looks to be a Nintendo-designed product, unrelated to the Ubuntu box.

Luckless Heaven

Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
www.lucklessheaven.com
Any details on what it was intended for? Where it came from?
Was it ever dissembled?

I'm really interested now to see if there's any connection between this video player and the big blue video player.

Lethaltail

Donator
Donator
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
hbc
AG Join Date
Jan 10, 2010
I havent seen the inside but others in a Discord community have confirmed that it's a Raspberry Pi inside. The same people, including me, wonder what's inside the WIS-009.

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
it should server for WIS-003 (internal BD EMU WiiU)
coz all WIS-003 need link up local/external server to DL kiosk stuff

Luckless Heaven

Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
www.lucklessheaven.com
I havent seen the inside but others in a Discord community have confirmed that it's a Raspberry Pi inside. The same people, including me, wonder what's inside the WIS-009.
Any possibility I could get an invite to this community? Would love to discuss this further. Maybe use this thread as a way to post any discoveries I make.

it should server for WIS-003 (internal BD EMU WiiU)
coz all WIS-003 need link up local/external server to DL kiosk stuff
Are you saying it acted as a local server for the kiosk GamePad to download updates from Nintendo servers?

Make a donation