Welcome, Guest!

Here are some external resources you may find helpful

Other [Nokia N-Gage / QD] NotForSale MMCs Complete Thread: Alpha, Beta, Gold, Dev, P/Review, Promo, ProtoType, Boxed J2ME.

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
More stuff. :D N-Gage QD POS demo unit. Has no GSM/UMTS functionality (still needs a SIM card installed, however), always auto-starts any game inserted after being idle for some time, has a different LCD, can not be turned off with the AC adapter connected, and doesn't allow changing most of the settings.

IMG_20201029_161532289_HDR.jpg IMG_20201029_161320876_HDR.jpg

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
Last N-Gage Press Kit given to journalists at E3 2006.

IMG_20201029_195826900_HDR.jpg IMG_20201029_195851230_HDR.jpg

It's a combination of an mp3 player and a flash drive with about 250 megs of press material on it. Mostly boring stuff, however.

Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Nokia_E3_2006_PODCAST.mp3
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Nokia_Executive_Bios.doc
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Gregg_Sauter.JPG
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Jaakko_Kaidesoja.jpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Jukka_Hosio.jpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Executive Pics\Simon_Etchells.JPG
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Logo_HiRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Logo_LowRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Creatures of the Deep assets\Creatures_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Logos_HiRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Logo_mp4.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\ONE assets\ONE_Sequel_640x480_HQ_.mpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pocket Aces assets\Pocket_Aces_Logo.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pocket Aces assets\Pocket_Aces_screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pro Series Golf assets\Pro_Series_Golf_Logo_HiRes.jpg
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Pro Series Golf assets\Pro_Series_Golf_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Space Impact assets\Space_Impact_Logo.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\Space Impact assets\Space_Impact_Screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\System Rush Evolution assets\System_Rush_Logos_HiRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\System Rush Evolution assets\System_Rush_Logos_LowRes.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Games Assets\System Rush Evolution assets\System_Rush_screenshots.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\friends.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\profile.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\showroommedia.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Screenshots\showroomreviews.ai
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Videos\1_UI_FINISH_E3_MASTER_REV.mov
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Videos\2_GAMES_PIECE_COMPS_E3_MAST.mov
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Next_Generation_Assets\Videos\ANTHEM_FINAL.mov
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_Consumer_Experience.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_Gameloft.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_Games.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\Press Releases\Press_Release_SNAP_Mobile_Taito.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\Reaching the Mass Market with Connected Mobile Games.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile brochure.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile Java Games Connecting People.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile logo.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile whitepaper_How the SNAP Mobile Solution Works for You.pdf
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_3D Pool Hall_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Lucky Ranch Tycoon_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Micro Soccer_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_NitroSpinRacer_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Pocket Party_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Sea O'Fortune_E3 2006.zip
Nokia N-Gage E3 2006\SNAP Mobile\SNAP Mobile_Space Alliance_E3 2006.zip

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
Ok, last item for now. While the previous post showed the last press kit, this is the first one, pre-launch:

IMG_20201102_161734265_HDR.jpg IMG_20201102_161648963_HDR.jpg

Yes, it even included an N-Gage demo unit with pre-final hard- and software. This one can only play games. While mp3 player and fm radio buttons are there, they do nothing. No menu screen either. You can only configure bluetooth and launch applications from an MMC card - that's it.

Kind of the holy grail of my N-Gage collection.

ps: ignore the QD leaflet inside, I put some additional stuff into the box to have everything in one place.

Last edited:

Arcadia

Registered
Registered
Community Contributor
Reaction score
AG User Name
Arcadia
Wow, haven't read through this thread until now. Very impressed by the width of your collections. I've always wanted to dip my toes into N-Gage gaming, but to my knowledge there's no emulator so I'd have to buy a unit to get started.

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
There's an emulator called EKA2L1 which can already run a few games. But in its current state, it's not very user-friendly.

Arcadia

Registered
Registered
Community Contributor
Reaction score
AG User Name
Arcadia
That's it, I have to get a QD. What would you say is the N-Gage top 5?

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
Top 5 of games? Hard to tell due to individual preferences, but if I had to choose some random good games, I'd say:

Worms World Party
Glimmerati
Civilization
System Rush
Asphalt 2
ONE
Pathway to Glory
Elder Scrolls: Shadowkey

There are many more good ones, but those are the games I spent most time with.

speedyink

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Pandemonium* is good, I like Tony Hawk for what it is, and one of the first person shooters...can't remember which one but it really impressed me with how good it was. I'll have to check which one it is.

*Edited

The First Person game is Ashen. I didn't have high hopes for this one, but it's actually a fun and technically impressive game. It's 100% better then Red Faction anyway, which just grates on my nerves

Last edited:

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
Yes, Ashen is impressive on the N-Gage. Played that quite a few hours as well. It didn't age that well, however.

Red Faction is terrible on the N-Gage.

Arcadia

Registered
Registered
Community Contributor
Reaction score
AG User Name
Arcadia
How is Sega Rally?

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
Not that good. Controls are awful, so are the graphics (full of glitches). Most Sega games are not very well executed on the N-Gage.

But Colin McRae Rally 2005 rocks, if you like that type of racing games.

Last edited:

antonuuu

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
I came across a bundle with 12 games last year which had both betas and gold master releases.
One i didn't see here was a gold master release of The Elder Scrolls: Travelkey. Says "G3.0" on my copy.

DirkDagger

Donator
Donator
Registered
Donations
£5.00
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
AG User Name
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
Hi, derSammler! Information abt SegaRally I got from some Nokia employees, so I have no reason to not to trust it. As for "properly" sealed version, I think U also a bit mistaken here. In my collection I had both variants - stretch film and usual normal film. Stretch film always can be found on the AU-Oceania releases (OFLC). If I remember right, all OFLC releases I met, always were in stretch film, everywhere - of local flea-markets, or eBay too.
So, example of Sega Rally mostly an exception. Also, both variants (if they are genuine) always have security seal on the game box side, like on your photo.

As for some other Sega games like Virtua Cop, Alien Front and some internal cancelled Sega titles, they were completely cancelled on ~G2.0 Beta stage. U may saw original MMC media above on my photos.

Also, nice Snakes, but U have custom hand-made box with printed picture over normal retail MMC holder. :)
MMC is real for sure. Originally Snakes G3.0 Gold Press MMC was in zip-lock pack with some adv. media printed on it.
If I remember right, something like "Beware the Snakes is here" or something, and printed link to N-Gage Arena sub-site.

And, enough nice Taito display box. Is it empty inside or U have Dev-MMC?
I have my Taito Memories Prototype on genuine Dev. MMC. :)

speedyink

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like the original poster was going to post a list of G3.0 but never did...

My Elders Scrolls is the G2.0, so beta I guess. It looks pretty close to final though. Got mine off the OP a while ago I'm pretty sure

DirkDagger

Donator
Donator
Registered
Donations
£5.00
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
AG User Name
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
I'm the original poster, ha-ha. :D
I'm seriously updated my Gold Press Set since original post a year+ ago.
So, I will add cool photo of my complete G3.0 Gold Press Set before this New Year. :)

derSammler

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
retro-net.de
Hi, derSammler! Information abt SegaRally I got from some Nokia employees, so I have no reason to not to trust it.
No offense, but that seems to be the most commonly used argument when someone wants to be correct: just tell that you got the info from someone involved. Show me a press release from back then saying that the game was cancelled, a magazine scan, or whatsoever. The game was sold in stores, so calling it "unreleased" is simply wrong and only done to pretend its allegedly high value and rarity. In 2007, masses of these were dumped on ebay for 30 bucks/each. Yes, it was not sold for long in stores and didn't see a world-wide release, but when it comes to rarity, some other games like e.g. Civilization are harder to find - and they are much better. ;)

As for "properly" sealed version, I think U also a bit mistaken here. In my collection I had both variants - stretch film and usual normal film. Stretch film always can be found on the AU-Oceania releases (OFLC). If I remember right, all OFLC releases I met, always were in stretch film, everywhere - of local flea-markets, or eBay too.
They are fake, period. A retailer back then did this to sell them as sealed. They all come from the same source. People just keep believing they are real because they would otherwise degrade the value of their own copy. Only a single production run in a single production plant was ever made for Sega Rally; that alone should tell anyone that they can not come with different ways of sealing. There are even many reports in forums from people who bought the shrink-wrapped version not for collecting but for playing and found that the MMC inside does not work. I never opened a shrink-wrapped copy myself, but chances are that not only the sealing is fake... But believe whatever you wish, that's up to you.

Also, a simple search on ebay would prove you wrong about all OFLC releases (or any that is) having had this kind of shrink-wrapping. Don't understand why you even stated that. Listen to me: not a single N-Gage game ever came that way. Nokia was very strict about that and every game had to follow their rules from the design, colors, and over to the casing. Moreover, keep cases are generally not shrink-wrapped when being mass-produced. There are technical reasons for this, which I'm not going to explain. And no one glues a store-hinge on a shrink-wrapped item either, as they can not take much weight. These are just poorly made fakes by someone with not much knowledge.

Also, nice Snakes, but U have custom hand-made box with printed picture over normal retail MMC holder. :)
It's the original box and I also have the bag it came in with instructions printed on. The label on top is hand-made, yes - by me. Because it looks nice and otherwise you wouldn't see what game is in there. ;) It's basically what Nokia did with the PtG preview demo.

Last edited:

DirkDagger

Donator
Donator
Registered
Donations
£5.00
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
AG User Name
DirkDagger
AG Join Date
Mar 12, 2010
No offence, but I don't see any reason to convince someone, incl. U. I just share information I got and that looked enough reasonable for me - for free.
And everyone can make his own conclusions based on it. I think that things I have inside my collection and pics I'm already shared related to N-Gage and other various Internal Nokia stuff like Prototypes of unreleased smartphones, etc, is enough good argument that my sources more than reliable. :)

U mixed-up some facts. I'm already marked above that both SR versions with shrink-wrap and normal wrap have original Nokia seal with N-Gage hologram on the box side. U can't remove or re-stick it w/o traces. Also, due more than 15+ years of N-Gage collecting I have/use many N-Gage games overall incl. few copies of SR, some of that back in time I unsealed personally, and didn’t come across something not working - all was fine. Also, I'm already note above - how many "properly" sealed AU-Oceainia (OFLC) releases of other N-Gage games U have/saw? But sure, as I already note - I have no reason to change your point of view, so U may continue to stick on it. :)

Yes, it's original retail MMC holder. I just noted that U made a custom close to PtG Preview, right.
So, Taito just a loose box? :)

speedyink

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the original poster, ha-ha. :D
I'm seriously updated my Gold Press Set since original post a year+ ago.
So, I will add cool photo of my complete G3.0 Gold Press Set before this New Year. :)

I was going to write "Dirk" but I went with original poster =P
Yeah I got that off you years ago. Still got it!