Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
So here's the story. I purchased this Pal NR reader on Ebay. Right before the guy sent it, he said it wasn't working. He was really nice and offered to refund me or I could take it as is. I took it as is and when it arrived, I decided to try to fix it, and Assembler games users helped me out a lot.

It actually ended up having 2 problems. The first one was the lid sensor was broken. Basically, the cube always thinks the lid is open, so it will refuse to attempt to read the disc. So I replaced that, but it still wasn't working. Then I intensified the laser, and that actually solved the problem, but at the time I unknowingly had an ntsc nr disc and I thought it was still broken, so I took an extra step I didn't need to.

The final bit of work was gluing back the broken pieces of plastic (not shown in the video.) But that's simple enough.

And that's the story of why my Nr reader looks so beat up. Judging by how it looked when I got it(especially the box), me and another user were thinking it might have been thrown into a dumpster and saved.

I hope the video isn't too terrible, it was hard to try to record and fix at the same time, and I never want to make a repair video ever again xD

I figured I'd get the ball rolling by posting this

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperH and kabojnk

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Its not bad at all! You used stills when you wanted to show something important. It’s not the best ever but it’s informative and I feel like I could follow it to fix an NR reader if I had to

Reactions: Pinta77

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Its not bad at all! You used stills when you wanted to show something important. It’s not the best ever but it’s informative and I feel like I could follow it to fix an NR reader if I had to
Thanks dude!

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I always think the more info the better. If only people who a) had the info and b) were great filmmakers posted videos, we’d barely have anything

Reactions: Pinta77

Make a donation