Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
About a week ago I posted on the OG Discord a Debug Kit that looked like it had a FarCry Instincts build on it

Bought it and it arrived today, looked in pretty good condition so booted it up to see if it would load to the dashboard

Looking around in the hard drive found the following in the saves

(Might want to mute the sound)

What did stand out was Call Of Cthulhu Beta 7 c3 @ 0:06, Far Cry Retail Preview 3 @ 0:39 , Splinter Cell Test Package @ 2:31 ,

Not that im saying that the presence of saves means builds , i do suspect however that the previous owner used this as a general purpose xbox and potentially destroyed alot of files

Looking at the XDK Launcher it displayed the following

IMG_35.JPG

Now onwards to taking the kit apart to properly dump the drive

Dans34

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
used Xbox Neighborhood to get a better look at what was / is on the kit

The FarCry build seams to be different to the leaked build on Hidden Palace (at least in folder structure , not done a 100% compaire)

Looks like there was another FarCry build on the kit and some suduko build

For now the drive is packed safely away as I don't have a PC with IDE or a usb converter (Not likely to get one before the new year tbh)

shoved in an old 20gb drive as a replacment

Tdijital

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 18, 2019
Donations
£11.00
AGName
Tdijital
AG Join Date
Apr 3, 2016
Very cool, I can't wait to hear what comes from it!

I just recently went through this with multiple OG XDKs. One was fragged so I had to read the EEPROM with PiProm the others though were nice and easy and the trusty ol' hotswap did the trick.

It's not USB but this was the adapter I used and it worked great
StarTech.com 1 Port PCI Express IDE Controller Adapter Card - Storage Controller - ATA - 133 MBps - PCIe x1 - PEX2IDE

Careful though, not all the Star Tech ones work - this chipset in particular has good support. You can see it in one of the images it's a a JMicron chip JWB368.

The adapter above did it all and worked right out of the box in Linux and Windows 10. In total I went through 6 adapters trying to find one that actually worked with ATA Unlock which you need when not doing the hotswap this was the only one. I was also never able to get a hotswap to work with any USB adapters. Hopefully I can save you from the same headache!

Reactions: GoTeamScotch

Make a donation