Donator
Registered
Dec 6, 2020
Donations
Ā£1,000.48
AGName
stuntpenguin
AG Join Date
What's the deal with OG history? This was a haven for AG runaways looking for a new home. Offered to buy AG at a reasonable price with a lawyer to facilitate the sale but Kev ghosted before any of that had a chance to take off.

Became e-friends with Demon and he said he was being stronghanded out of the site by R* IIRC. Demon disappeared and so did I for other reasons. The site is still here and barely active. My old account is gone, although I hardly care. I gave someone a knockoff NES cart to dump. It wasn't practical for this user to do so, but it appears this thread has been scrubbed as well as my old account. I clearly remember this, and it is a thread I should be able to find.

What happened? What else was lost? Forgive me, but why should I trust a preservation forum with censorship or poor retention policies?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1

Damien is Demon my friend šŸ¤

OG was given to Morphic to run but it closed as it wasn't needed, then Kev murdered AG and its history.

It was deemed to relaunch OG last second when we heard this and we're now a non profit company/museum within the UK. The old database had stuff from another older site (xbox-modders) which I sold the domain too and decided it was best to fresh start the lot.

If you need anything from the OG1 backups let me know as I can grab that information.

Reactions: stuntpenguin

stuntpenguin

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Dec 6, 2020
Donations
Ā£1,000.48
AGName
stuntpenguin
AG Join Date
Damien is Demon my friend šŸ¤

OG was given to Morphic to run but it closed as it wasn't needed, then Kev murdered AG and its history.

It was deemed to relaunch OG last second when we heard this and we're now a non profit company/museum within the UK. The old database had stuff from another older site (xbox-modders) which I sold the domain too and decided it was best to fresh start the lot.

If you need anything from the OG1 backups let me know as I can grab that information.
I apologize for harshness. All is cleared with me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I apologize for harshness. All is cleared with me.
You wasn't harsh ;) this is tame compared to some we deal with.

I mostly deal with offline stuff / back end site stuff nowadays. The Discord group is where most hangout or the various other groups. But we're still here, and we're not going anywhere.

The whole community's kinda dried out this year although the releases and history saved is still growing. Such as the terabyte+ of games we saved this year being released christmas day.

The R* drama resulted in a stalemate where their lawyers ran with their tails between their legs. The user/staff member affected left and we've been good since.

stuntpenguin

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Dec 6, 2020
Donations
Ā£1,000.48
AGName
stuntpenguin
AG Join Date
Am stupid. Post below.

stuntpenguin

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Dec 6, 2020
Donations
Ā£1,000.48
AGName
stuntpenguin
AG Join Date
Yeah I understand now. Great to see the site is still here. Best of luck. Sounds like you've got a lot going!

stuntpenguin

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Dec 6, 2020
Donations
Ā£1,000.48
AGName
stuntpenguin
AG Join Date
Damn, that's blast from the past. Thanks for showing me! Hope all is well with Paul. That was my only interaction but he seems like a good dude!

And to counter my OP you clearly do have good retention. Again, my bad. Best to you and the whole site. I look forward to contributing where I can.

Damn, that's blast from the past. Thanks for showing me! Hope all is well with Paul. That was my only interaction but he seems like a good dude!

And to counter my OP you clearly do have good retention. Again, my bad. Best to you and the whole site. I look forward to contributing where I can.

Haha yeah, we keep older backups from certain points just for records. Forums as a whole are a dying breed why I wish some social sites would go down.

Our Discords mostly taken over whats normally posted here on site which is a shame. Although I do think we need to add some different areas back here. We still have the AG archive etc and the archive domains linked under the prototopia tab. But there's always more we can do.

I was awake late once so was able to catch your message as it pinged me on Discord :p

Make a donation