OSSC Remote not working after firmware update

milkybar1983

Original poster
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
bearkilla
AG Join Date
Feb 4, 2009
Just got a new OSSC from ebay and first thing I did was update the firmware, all went OK but the remote won’t work after reboot. The unit still works and the hardware buttons still work. Also the LED flashes when you press buttons on the remote so its receiving a signal. None of the buttons actually do anything though ie. menu
According to the ebay seller the remote has to be ‘re-learned’ any ideas?

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Sounds like you need to reprogram the remote, just like any TV. I have no idea how that's done but I'd just contact the OSSC people. Shouldn't be too hard

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
To configure the OSSC for a new infrared remote, find a suitable manufacturer code (e.g. from Toshiba, NEC etc.) so that the OSSC's green LED blinks when a remote button is pressed. Now, power cycle the OSSC while holding BTN1 on the OSSC's PCB. A target function name (e.g. "MENU") will then be displayed on the OSCC's LCD screen. Press the corresponding key on the remote control, if the OSSC receives the code correctly you will be prompted to confirm the new code. Press the same key again to confirm, or BTN0 on the OSSC's PCB to go to the previous key. If you press BTN0 when configuring the first key, the default keymaps will be loaded.

Reactions: milkybar1983

Cerv3ro

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
Cerv3ro
AG Join Date
January 09 2016
How can i update the firmware ? what does it fix/add?

Maverick

May 30, 2019
AGName
Maverick
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2014
How can i update the firmware ? what does it fix/add?

:)

Make a donation