Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS1 PAL PSOne no colors via composite. PM-41 (2)

rick

Original poster
Oct 4, 2019
Bought cheap PSOne to toy with. I knew it has weird issues with getting color out of it, but I bought it anyways.

Issue:
Left composite video NTSC-M, right RGB.
  1. BIOS starts in 60 hz mode?
  2. It has been 12c607/p modded (no firmware, no datasheet weird mod popular in PSOnes sold in russia)
  3. It has no problem getting color with cheap RGB cable with sync on composite, yet has veryjailbarish effect.
  4. NTSC has no color with any color system but NTSC-M. PAL games wants PAL but still no color.

After removing modchip it still outputs 60hz while in bios but it doesn't loads pal demo disc "please insert playstation format disc"

(there were no pal fix even tho I tried one when mod chip was present)

What is wrong with it?

rick

Original poster
Oct 4, 2019
anyone-anything? I'm absolutely out of ideas whats up with this console.

NeC5552

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
NeC5552
AG Join Date
Nov 24, 2013
Maybe you have a NTSC board? It normally should load PAL originals after removing the chip if it was a PAL machine.

Try a classic 4 wire chip and see if PAL games load. If so, you have a NTSC board. A PAL board with a classic 4 wire chip will load games of its region, but not NTSC (unless you use a intermediary boot disc called "Import Player").

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Its gotta be an NTSC console.. or at least have the guts from one. Did you try an NTSC disc after removing the mod chip?

Last edited:

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
I don't know for sure, but I believe you have to do a "color fix". I have no reason to have ever done this so try Googling around for that.

zhu2Kaf.jpg

Possibly an alternative; https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6432

I can’t figure out if you’re from USA and came into this PAL console randomly but if the fix is something that’s required and you can’t do I can do it for free, I just need the board itself, preferably in an anti static bag.

Last edited:

NeC5552

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
NeC5552
AG Join Date
Nov 24, 2013
That color fix is for those with steady hands. The safest way is that cut trace on the bottom of the board, along with a link between one of the points to GND.

Reactions: Nully

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
That's true, but this is just a dime a dozen PSOne if you screw it up. If you want it done properly. it'll take me 30 seconds and give you some resolution to this thread if that's all that's required.

Make a donation