sonik

Original poster
Registered
Jul 24, 2019
AGName
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
Just received an email from Magical Game Factory about Paprium.
Is this really happening or I'm dreaming?

sonik

Original poster
Registered
Jul 24, 2019
AGName
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
The FAQ says the first print will have some compatibility problems. :/

DBloke

Registered
Sep 18, 2020
www.thenightsofgaming.com
AGName
DBloke
Is it me or have they also put the price up?
Seem to remember it being about £50, now its double that.
Considering how they disappeared for years and now have a "Finished" version with no actual screens or footage of it I think a lot of people will be weary about dropping so much on something that was classed as abandoned.
Shame I was all on board getting it as its one of my fave game types

dyer60

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Is it me or have they also put the price up?
Seem to remember it being about £50, now its double that.
Considering how they disappeared for years and now have a "Finished" version with no actual screens or footage of it I think a lot of people will be weary about dropping so much on something that was classed as abandoned.
Shame I was all on board getting it as its one of my fave game types

Yes they have put the price up! It's explained in the FAQ by all accounts "they" invested a lot of their own money in getting it finished and therefore need to make that money back by putting up the price......

I agree with you a finished game that no one has seen running, a load of shenanigans, radio silence, no previews/reviews and suddenly it's shipping, I pre ordered in 2017 at the lower price and I am really hoping it lives up to expectations. Fingers crossed.

DBloke

Registered
Sep 18, 2020
www.thenightsofgaming.com
AGName
DBloke
Yes they have put the price up! It's explained in the FAQ by all accounts "they" invested a lot of their own money in getting it finished and therefore need to make that money back by putting up the price......

I agree with you a finished game that no one has seen running, a load of shenanigans, radio silence, no previews/reviews and suddenly it's shipping, I pre ordered in 2017 at the lower price and I am really hoping it lives up to expectations. Fingers crossed.
They did say years ago that it was finished, then they just stopped after what was apparently a really bad launch party where they demoed a clearly unfinished game.
Now they announce a NEW game and want money for it upfront before anything is shown of it.

Yakumo

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
Let me just be clear that I think the actual game is fine but the fact it doesn't work on three different consoles and that I waited years upon years for it only to find this out leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

sonik

Original poster
Registered
Jul 24, 2019
AGName
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
Mine have not arrived yet.

JackalSpat

Jun 2, 2019
I don't think Fonzie is a "scammer" in the classical sense--I think the work he put into Paprium is enough of a testament to that, but I do think he has no business starting up a new project while Paprium is still floundering in the wild with unfulfilled orders, crippling incompatibility issues, and a significant list of as-of-yet uncompensated co-workers he exploited and then alienated.

The hoard of Paprium issues aside, this new project itself is so glaringly suspicious in its conception, I have a hard time believing that some European trade or consumer organization isn't going to step in. It is simply reeking with avenues of crowd-funding exploitation, and I cannot imagine the kind of person who would willingly fund a "mystery game" from someone with Fonzie's track record?

I guess P.T. Barnum was right...

Reactions: Americandad

Make a donation