Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Turbografx16 PC ENGINE DUO-RX RGB Modded but interference in picture (non jailbar)

lordofwar

Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
Hello. I'm having trouble getting a perfect picture. I performed an installation of voultar's RGB board and everything went smooth. Problem is there is interference in the picture resulting in horizontal lines traveling from left to right on certain colors, specifically white (like the Rondo Konami logo screen) and light blue colors really highlight the issue. I can even see it on the initial boot screen in the yellow text at times. I am using a proper SCART cable from retrogamingcables, plugged into my ossc. I have read that it could be power adapter issue, but I have tried several. I tried the stock adapter, a gen2 adapter, a second gen2 adapter with the stock capacitor replaced, a ps2 slim adapter, and each present the exact same issue. Also, the interference changes, sometimes it looks better and less interference and other times it gets worse, but it's always there regardless. My soldering was excellent, i have double checked every pin for stray wires that may be touching something else. I even took off the din-8 again and cut all the pins shorter including Csync, again no difference. No other console I have hooked up acts like this. I recently performed the same RGB mod on a TurboDuo and the picture was 100% noise free, only difference was I wired that console's Din-8 to work with HD Retrovision's Genesis 2 cable. Well, i also soldered using single thicker wires instead of a 30awg ribbon cable from the amp to the din-8, but that's what voultar uses in his vids for a cleaner installation. I want to also make sure anyone reading this understands I do not believe this is "jailbar" related as I performed that mod and see no vertical jailbars, which I understand are fixed in place and and don't travel when you see them. The interference I am seeing is horizontal lines and they travel. And yes, I recapped using a console5 kit right before all this. I sat for 8 hours trying to figure this out, any advice on where to focus my attention?

Only ideas I have is to solder in thicker wires between the amp and din-8, but my gut is telling me this won't make a difference.

lordofwar

Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
Update: I removed the wire supplying 5v from the drive controller to the amp and instead ran a wire directly to one of the voltage regulators, noise disappeared and the picture is 100% perfect. I guess the drive controller wasn't a sufficient 5v source after all.

Make a donation