Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£543.68
AGName
MSX
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2011
I have a PDEL where the battery (CR2032) died, so I decided to swap it with a new one. However, now it won't boot and just has a flashing red status light. Is there anyway to recover the system?

WiiCurious

Jan 19, 2021
How do you know the CMOS battery died? What symptoms were you having?

Have you tried leaving it plugged in? A flashing red light is also the indicator of a dead main system battery.

Fred

Registered
Jun 16, 2019
I don't think the new CMOS battery is the problem. I have removed Vita CMOS batteries several times, it is not supposed to cause an error.

You might have damaged something on CP board. Are you sure you didn't knock off any components? You should examine CP board for any damage and make sure the CP board connector is connected properly.

MSX

Is secretly 32-bit
Original poster
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£543.68
AGName
MSX
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2011
How do you know the CMOS battery died? What symptoms were you having?

Have you tried leaving it plugged in? A flashing red light is also the indicator of a dead main system battery.
PDELs don't have a standard Vita battery. They have a CR2032, but for power they use a PSTV power adapter (or a PSP charger works too)

I don't think the new CMOS battery is the problem. I have removed Vita CMOS batteries several times, it is not supposed to cause an error.

You might have damaged something on CP board. Are you sure you didn't knock off any components? You should examine CP board for any damage and make sure the CP board connector is connected properly.
I'll take another look, but I didn't see anything get knocked off. I didn't even detach the board, just flipped it over for the battery, swapped, and put it back together.

MSX

Is secretly 32-bit
Original poster
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£543.68
AGName
MSX
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2011
As expected, nothing from a visual inspection. Literally just bricked from changing the battery. That's annoying.

Attachments

• PXL_20220711_010202962.jpg
    PXL_20220711_010202962.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0

Shizzy

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
I'm really late to the party but curious on this one. Can the unit boot into safe mode?

MSX

Is secretly 32-bit
Original poster
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£543.68
AGName
MSX
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2011
Unfortunately, only a flashing red light the moment it received power. No way to boot anything. I ended up selling this to someone as a parts machine who has a couple of quite destroyed kits, so it will live on in some way.

Make a donation