• We have added an "AG" Registration date/Username profile option. If you add this upon signup we'll be able to verify faster thanks. (If already joined you can edit under profile settings.)

If you had an account on OG1 you will need to re-register as this is a new start for all.

Planning for the future (Early morning updates)

As you may have read AssemblerGames is closing, with not much time to plan ahead I decided to run around like a headless chicken trying to put a plan in action. You'd think this is a joke but it's not, I was awake over 24 hours making this new forum and putting plans in action. even my last few minutes awake were talking things through with Bad_Ad84 in bed. ?

So far, all's going to plan which is good! but there's many many issues going forward.

What do we do about about saving AG itself? It's there I'm hoping @Bad_Ad84 can manage to buy the site. But there's the issue that Kevin may refuse to respond and close it still meaning we need a plan B. This plan B was to bring OG back with a fresh start for old and new users alike. Launching it now gives users time to join before the mass fallout of AG going possibly dark. Backups are still in progress of public content from AG, but this will take time. I've released two earlier WGET's of the sites content, and @Nemesis released a copy from December 2018.

I've been talking to former and current OG/PT and AG staff alike about the best way forward and I am hoping we can all work on this as a team. So far Bad_Ad84 has been made admin here in the worst case scenario and will remain on board if this happens. I'm also hoping we can bring back the former AG staff team, but as we all know life can be busy so a few wouldn't be able to take this roll. Glares at Borman with envious eyes.

I also plan to add staff around the world, but for now we'll be limited to UK/EU based staff for the times being. So there maybe delays in dealing with reports/verfication issues.

With so many flooding to OG, we feel it maybe best to move Prototopia's forum here too. Meaning all users who have joined there would be added here. The group would remain here as VIP's along with the Discords. We're waiting until we know more about AssemblerGames future before we jump in with this mind you.

In under 48 hours we've had over 150 people join, it's amazing how many users care about AG and wish to remain in contact. I cannot thank people enough for their kind words, I know it's hard losing a site we all care about. Even me with my past issues I will deeply miss the site.

Once again, thank you everybody! We'll try and keep users updated as we learn more.

Damien

Comments

We're waiting until we know more about AssemblerGames furture before we jump in with this mind you.
I totally understand the hesitation but in many ways I think it better to 100% commit to OG now. There’s never any guarantees with Kev and AG and you don’t want it to hinder community confidence here by having a prolonged transition and uncertainty over OGs viability. Save what we can through backups but cut our losses. I’m fully committed to supporting OG now and I know a lot of others are too, some who had been locked out of AG for over a year whether through bans or new registrations gone unnoticed.

Building up an AG archive from various caps over the years should be a fun project for you guys. I wish you the best so that if the AG crud does indeed go so far as to shut down then we can get as much of the history as possible.

If I can be of any help - I have an active account over at assembler - 100mbps broadband and a few TBs of spare hdd space if any of that is of any help to you guys over here... for creating an archive etc. etc.

If I can be of any help - I have an active account over at assembler - 100mbps broadband and a few TBs of spare hdd space if any of that is of any help to you guys over here... for creating an archive etc. etc.
To be fair the site has been fully copied off already. Now they are working on getting it set up as an archive. I have gigabit internet and many TB of storage space too. Both HDD and SSD. I don't think they will need stuff like this from us.