Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Personally I think it's worth a shot to just put up donation button / page, alongside an explanation describing how donations are being used and why they are necessary. This way you'll notice soon enough if without direct reward (the long term reward of course is that we all keep this site afloat) members are willing to chip in.

And depending on how OG progresses, another good way of getting funds would be to offer certain perks for the marketplace. At this moment there is not enough traffic for that, but once the marketplace is really active, it could be lucrative for both the board and the person paying to offer for example a 1-month sticky of a selected sales thread.

Ryaku

Registered
Jul 6, 2019
AGName
Ryaku
AG Join Date
Jul 31, 2012
In my own experience (i'm old like many here ^^ ) donation button will work 1st year, maybe 2nd , but it'l decrease at the 3rd and nobody at the 4th....

it's stupid and I confess , even me that if it's not something that is done automatically I'm not going to think about it regularly, it's human because we have other things to do/think about even if it can be useful.

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
You have a good point there @Ryaku. That being said I do think there are multiple ways to kindly remember the members the necessity of donations and for this I take a page out of the wikipedia playbook. Every year at a certain time they put a big informative "banner" at the top of the site explaining they need donations to surrvive. Something like this could also be adopted here at OG.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I wonder what the actual cost per month is. I forgot if it was mentioned or not. But if it was say $100 a month and you got 10 people to consistently put up $10 a month, that could work. Or however we could slice it

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Or what about merch :eek:

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
You have a good point there @Ryaku. That being said I do think there are multiple ways to kindly remember the members the necessity of donations and for this I take a page out of the wikipedia playbook. Every year at a certain time they put a big informative "banner" at the top of the site explaining they need donations to surrvive. Something like this could also be adopted here at OG.
There has to be a way to recurring donations view PayPal something?

I'd be in for merch, but it would have not to be too gaudy.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
There has to be a way to recurring donations view PayPal something?

I'd be in for merch, but it would have not to be too gaudy.
Maybe if we have some artists here that would be willing to contribute, we could sell some coffee mugs or something.

Ryaku

Registered
Jul 6, 2019
AGName
Ryaku
AG Join Date
Jul 31, 2012
As i already Said, Collectorsedition.org do that, i Pay Once year by Paypal but it's automatic , i do nothing, paypal send to Aurobius LLC 12$ per Year , and i have rank "Site Supporter" and access to hidden thread.

It's possible to pay by Paypal or Credit Card (to people who don't have paypal)

This is what TwistedSymphony do (admin of CE.org)

If Damien want some informations about how to put recurring payment, he can contact him directly.

Attachments

• CEorg.jpg
    CEorg.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hawanja

Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
Yeah I had no idea Assembler had a Patreon either.
I would just go with non-intrusive ads. Everybody else has them, don't see why that's such a big deal. With the kind of traffic AG got he should've put ads on there years ago.

Another idea that everyone will hate - how about a 1% surcharge on all sales made in the marketplace?

Make a donation