Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Playstation 2 GH-004 Problem

StevieGoodwin

Original poster
Jun 4, 2019
Hi all, I have an old SCPH-30001 PS2 Fat V1 GH-004 console and i've been doing nothing but playing casually on it and been going great with me playing GTA San Andreas up until the machine stopped working. I noticed the PS2 froze up during the game and the game never recovered. I noticed that the meachaon caused the DVD/CD DSP CPU to freeze and it almost killed my laser. And then i tried to open it up to do a laser replacement. I tried to extract the old KHS-400B optical pickup it had out of it and replace it with a KHS-400C i bought off Amazon from TotalConsole and yes i had the anti static points removed. Now here's my problem, No matter what i do, I can't find a sweet spot for the black torx screw for the laser or neither stop clicking on CD discs no matter what if a good laser is installed. Here's my issue, I fit the 400C in place of the 400B, I first try a blue disc game (PS2-CD ROM) which is Star Wars Starfighter and the laser still clicks and never reads the disc at all.
For a DVD based disc (PS2 Silver disc), I used a Kingdom Hearts disc, My problem is that the new 400C is unstable in my machine and after the PlayStation 2 logo, It kicks me back to the browser. I tried to go back to the old 400B laser it had but now a new problem arises, It either reads the disc very slow, skip in FMV's or just not read the disc at all. Any help guys?

andDevW

Registered
Jul 11, 2019
AGName
andDevW
I was looking for something else GH-004 related and there's a shitload of discussion on this subject over at assemblergames.

On a related note, the SCPH-30001 GH-004 is important enough and complex enough to have its own section.
It'd make looking up these types of things a lot easier.

Make a donation