Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Playstation 2 PS2 DTL-T / TOOL Development T10000 T15000 Devkit dev kit thread

AKuHAK

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
AGName
AKuHAK
AG Join Date
How to run Open PS2 Loader on your PS2 TOOL:

It is better to use this command as this is why somebody uses TOOL:
Code:
make DTL_T10000=1 NOT_PACKED=1 DEBUG=1 INGAME_DEBUG=1 DECI2_DEBUG=1
This also will output more information in terminals.

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
It is better to use this command as this is why somebody uses TOOL:
Code:
make DTL_T10000=1 NOT_PACKED=1 DEBUG=1 INGAME_DEBUG=1 DECI2_DEBUG=1
This also will output more information in terminals.
INGAME_DEBUG and DECI2_DEBUG are only necessary for debugging on retail models. For DTL-T debug output is already output due to the DECI2 libraries being embedded in the default ROM.

Connecting a HDD to my DTL-T:
uufxSjf.jpg

I shucked a SCPH-20400 for the cable.

OPL PADEMU and VMC are nice, since I don't have the controller/memory card port PCB attached.

ksparw

May 12, 2020
Where do people find these kits? Saving eBay searches? I know they're relatively rare, with most people using the typical story of blaming it on Square Enix, but I've only been able to find TEST machines.

hermesconrad

Donator
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Where do people find these kits? Saving eBay searches? I know they're relatively rare, with most people using the typical story of blaming it on Square Enix, but I've only been able to find TEST machines.
I havnt seen any show up on ebay for years but they do pop up on yahoo auctions from time to time, tho with RonaTime you might not find any there for a while. Just a note, they don't really survive shipping, super fragile

Reactions: Obsidian

ksparw

May 12, 2020
I havnt seen any show up on ebay for years but they do pop up on yahoo auctions from time to time, tho with RonaTime you might not find any there for a while. Just a note, they don't really survive shipping, super fragile
Ah, ouch.... I saw that photo of a TOOL destroyed in shipping, that really hurt. What are good alternatives for actual development? Using an emulator, or an RDB card on a retail unit?

hermesconrad

Donator
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Ah, ouch.... I saw that photo of a TOOL destroyed in shipping, that really hurt. What are good alternatives for actual development? Using an emulator, or an RDB card on a retail unit?
I probably wouldn't bother with home-brew on the actual hardware, pcsx2 compatibility is extremely high and the debugger is probably leaps and bounds better

Hellmizer

Jul 6, 2020
My IPC-PP827 board arrived. It seems the network ports and keyboard will power, but there is no display output or POST beep. Maybe I need to connect something to the power connector?

IPC-PP827 seems to be a rebranded version of PCI-827LF from Protech. In fact, it appears that all of the products on Ant Computer are rebranded Protech products.

Protech has a habit of removing manuals for older products, so I probably can't find the manual for the PCI-827LF (only the datasheet). However, the product catalog specifies the same P8/P9 to 10-Pin power (27-012-02501071) for multiple products, which contain the pinouts for the power connector:

https://www.protech.com.tw/Driver/BH-1105/BH-1105_M2.PDF (section 2-18)
https://www.protech.com.tw/Driver/PCI-531LF/PCI-531LF_M5.PDF (section 2-26)

Maybe I can stick two pins of the four pin power into pins 4 and 5 of the connector?

The manual of the PCI-586HVE-S seems to follow the same layout of the aforementioned manuals. Maybe Protech manufactured the PCI-586HVE-S too?

Also, my USB bracket arrived. The connector didn't fit since it was too small. However, I have the pinouts, so I can make my own cable later.

I was going to install a gigabit ethernet card, but I got a wrong PCI card (a SPIDF in/out card instead of a dual gigabit ethernet card), so the seller is sending me the right one.
Did you have any luck with that SBC? Or tool is only working with two options of SBC it came with?
Also planning to upgrade mine with celeron board, do you still have RHL6.2 images on hand?

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
Did you have any luck with that SBC? Or tool is only working with two options of SBC it came with?
I haven't tried it yet due to myself deferring the building of the serial and power cables.
Also planning to upgrade mine with celeron board, do you still have RHL6.2 images on hand?
Yes

If I don't check back on this website for a while, just e-mail me and I can send you the links

Last edited:

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
hello, i got my tool from Australia for really cheap because the hdds had died. what is the best cf card to use for this system? i have a lexar professional 32gb 1066x cf card from 2015 and when i use it with the HDD image copied to it, the system dosent post on boot. when i use a 256mb lexar media 8x cf card from 2002, the system posts and runs fine. what is the best cf card to use for this system.

uyjulian

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
hello, i got my tool from Australia for really cheap because the hdds had died. what is the best cf card to use for this system? i have a lexar professional 32gb 1066x cf card from 2015 and when i use it with the HDD image copied to it, the system dosent post on boot. when i use a 256mb lexar media 8x cf card from 2002, the system posts and runs fine. what is the best cf card to use for this system.
I can confirm mine works with Sandisk Extreme 32gb.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Ok,thank you very much, is it possible to get a picture of your card so I know what I'm looking for?
Thanks again

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
thank you very much, now i know what to look for.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
i tried, both pirates legend of black kat and sly 2 band of thieves. both games are my retail copies and ive had them for years so i know they work.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
if the drive is kaput, how easy is it to source a new one because i know theres no radio shack for dev kits

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
does anybody know how to properly setup connection to prodg? i have set everything up correctly on the ps2 side but,everytime i try to connect to the ip address in prodg target manager, i get a timed out error. same goes for code warrior, i have tried both programs on win 10 and win xp.

Make a donation