Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Playstation 2 PS2 DTL-T / TOOL Development T10000 T15000 Devkit dev kit thread

Galatea

Registered
Dec 30, 2019
Hello, I just recently received a TOOL but am running into a few issues. I'm stuck in this part of start up and can only go to the bios, would these two screens occur as they are just due to a dead cmos battery?
1.jpg
2.jpg

And does anyone have any clue what might be causing this sound? It continues the whole time. I've opened the disc drive and it seems to not be that as it keeps going even when its opened, or is that somehow related to what's above as well( have yet to open the system)? Video link for mentioned sound issue.

Last edited:

AKuHAK

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
AGName
AKuHAK
AG Join Date
Hello, I just recently received a TOOL but am running into a few issues. I'm stuck in this part of start up and can only go to the bios, would these two screens occur as they are just due to a dead cmos battery?
View attachment 9469
View attachment 9470

And does anyone have any clue what might be causing this sound? It continues the whole time. I've opened the disc drive and it seems to not be that as it keeps going even when its opened, or is that somehow related to what's above as well( have yet to open the system)? Video link for mentioned sound issue.
Sounds like dead hdd clicking. I kindly advice to detach hdds and backup them first with your home pc. BTW never heard such load sound from them.
As you can see, in the hdd sections of bios there is no hdds detected (Pri master disk detected)

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
this is exactly the issue I had, I can walk you through the steps to fix it when you get a moment.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Hey guys, I just updated the guide as per some of the user input i got. here is the updated copy. please let me know if im missing anything else or if it needs updated. thanks for all your help.

Reactions: Jerich0

Galatea

Registered
Dec 30, 2019
Does anyone happen to have any tips for removing the side panel? Have spent a few hours trying to remove it with no luck. Followed the tear down guide but no mater what It keeps getting hung up at the top.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
I was talking with Hermes conrad about it when we stopped. Talk to him, he told me better info that maybe easier for you to understand coming directly from him vs from him to me to you.

Reactions: Galatea

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Here is his discord tag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-154259_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-154259_Discord.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 0

Flaming Spaz

Jun 12, 2019
AGName
FlamingSpaz
AG Join Date
Jul 27, 2016
Hey guys, I just updated the guide as per some of the user input i got. here is the updated copy. please let me know if im missing anything else or if it needs updated. thanks for all your help.

From my original AG thread (a year before your source), root default password is "Administ" (capital A). From what I remember the root password can actually be reset through the webui. If you change the Administrator password in the webui, the root password is set to the first eight characters of that password. There is also the rest of the accounts and passwords, though I don't remember what each account does (some do various tests)

Also, for your doc it'd be nice to have a hyperlinked table of contents and numbered sources (otherwise they're not very useful)

(reposting in case)

root:Administ
q:q
w:w
e:e
d:d
s:s
a:a
z:z
x:x
c:c
i:i
v:v
v12:v12
r:r
p:p
f:f

Additionally, the sony binaries won't run on some newer distros - I made this to run them on newer distros (I assume they'll work on Mac/Windows too). Gives you a pre-configured env without having to install linux in a vm.

Reactions: AKuHAK

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
From my original AG thread (a year before your source), root default password is "Administ" (capital A). From what I remember the root password can actually be reset through the webui. If you change the Administrator password in the webui, the root password is set to the first eight characters of that password. There is also the rest of the accounts and passwords, though I don't remember what each account does (some do various tests)

Also, for your doc it'd be nice to have a hyperlinked table of contents and numbered sources (otherwise they're not very useful)

(reposting in case)

Additionally, the sony binaries won't run on some newer distros - I made this to run them on newer distros (I assume they'll work on Mac/Windows too). Gives you a pre-configured env without having to install linux in a vm.

ok so what can I do basically make my doc better, i dont know how to hyperlink the table of contents and i thought my sources were numbered.

hermesconrad

Donator
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019

(reposting in case)

Great to know regarding the passwords, there's also another option for running the binarys, turns out they run fine under WSL with the Ubuntu subsystem though your Docker solution is much more elegant and portable.

If your interested in the wsl method, link is below

Reactions: Flaming Spaz

Flaming Spaz

Jun 12, 2019
AGName
FlamingSpaz
AG Join Date
Jul 27, 2016
ok so what can I do basically make my doc better, i dont know how to hyperlink the table of contents and i thought my sources were numbered.

Not sure what you're using to make it - for word you can follow this and it will automatically make it for you, other programs will be similar. For the sources, sorry I might not have been clear. I meant for a piece of information you use in the guide, a number is put beside it which corresponds to the source it's from (like Wikipedia). a fair bit of effort, but helps to navigate the sources.

If you put the original on google docs or something I can help tidy it up.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
ok ill look into the word thin since i did write it in word, as for the source thing, i can put numbers next to my sources and then put numbers in the text to tell where the source is in my document

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Hey guys, apparently opl 1.0 got released yesterday with pad emu support by default. Is there a way to compile it for the tool ps2?

AKuHAK

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
AGName
AKuHAK
AG Join Date
Hey guys, apparently opl 1.0 got released yesterday with pad emu support by default. Is there a way to compile it for the tool ps2?

Implemented a long time ago:
Just take -LATEST archive and take any ELF with T10000 in the filename.

Reactions: hermesconrad

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
I've never compiled my own opl for the tool ps2 so I have no idea how to do it.

hermesconrad

Donator
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
He means it's already compiled, click the link he mentioned above download the "latest" 7z and use the file with t10000 in the name

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
thanks for the files. i know you said it was done awhile ago, i was just curious to know when this updated files for the tool was released since the regular opl was released yesterday. thanks.

AKuHAK

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
AGName
AKuHAK
AG Join Date
thanks for the files. i know you said it was done awhile ago, i was just curious to know when this updated files for the tool was released since the regular opl was released yesterday. thanks.
It is autoupdated version. It updates each time any commit or dependency is changed. So you can be sure that you are using latest possible version. No need for manual compilation, just grab any Elf you need.

Make a donation