Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Playstation 2 PS2 DTL-T / TOOL Development T10000 T15000 Devkit dev kit thread

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
hey guys I just got a usb keyboard to run with a ps2 to usb adaptor. this may sound like a late discovery but is this already known?

Reactions: Wario

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Hey does opl on the tool ps2 have debug outputs like if the tool was directly running a build?

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
the reset -i 0x70010 0x100 command for opl, makes it freeze, if you remove the -i it works.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
how would i go about compiling my own opl .elf file

mekmitasdigoat

Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone! Recently I got my T10K model PS2 Devkit. I tried to turn it on, and seems the PC side works fine, however, the PS2 side, ~10secs after I turned it on, the screen starts showing 8 grey-ish color vertical bars (they evenly occupied the whole screen).

This kit currently does not have any hard drives in. I am not sure if the vertical bar staff is normal or its a bad sign of the GPU/Vram.
Wondering if anyone has seen this before?

I found an YouTube video looks exactly the same (Look at 8:42)

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsidian

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Hello everyone! Recently I got my T10K model PS2 Devkit. I tried to turn it on, and seems the PC side works fine, however, the PS2 side, ~10secs after I turned it on, the screen starts showing 8 grey-ish color vertical bars (they evenly occupied the whole screen).

This kit currently does not have any hard drives in. I am not sure if the vertical bar staff is normal or its a bad sign of the GPU/Vram.
Wondering if anyone has seen this before?

I found an YouTube video looks exactly the same (Look at 8:42)

Hello, congrats on your new tool. First, you most likely have a hdd in the tool otherwise the tool would hang at the post screen. If your able to get so far and it hangs, its possible that the hdd is corrupted and a new image is needed. As for your black and white bars, black and white is a sign that your running the video in pal mode on a ntsc TV or vice versa. I have done extensive research on the tool since I own one myself, I am gladly willing to help you with it if you would like.

mekmitasdigoat

Apr 19, 2021
Hello, congrats on your new tool. First, you most likely have a hdd in the tool otherwise the tool would hang at the post screen. If your able to get so far and it hangs, its possible that the hdd is corrupted and a new image is needed. As for your black and white bars, black and white is a sign that your running the video in pal mode on a ntsc TV or vice versa. I have done extensive research on the tool since I own one myself, I am gladly willing to help you with it if you would like.
Hi slycooper124! Thanks for your reply.

I guess my previous post is kind of messy, so please allow me to re-iterate my situation briefly.

PC side:
- It boots, but stuck at POST due to bad CMOS battery. (I will replace it later, but I assume this is not related to the B&W bar issue).
- The TOOL I got does NOT come with any hard drives. (I will order two IDE drivers and write the dump into it.)
PS2 side:
- About 10 secs after I boot the machine, it shows the grayscale test patterns. (It looks exactly the same as the YouTube video (At 8:42) on my previous posting, without color.)

The reason why I feel concerning is from the video I saw online, by default the PS2 side should just show the black screen without the PC side boots up.
And once the PC side boots up, the PS2 side then will load the INFO elf and show the network info on the TV screen. In either cases, without feeding executables to PS2 side, I suppose it should do nothing.

However in my case, the PS2 side showed that weird test patterns straightforward, which seems uncommon.

Attachments

• IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 0

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Hi slycooper124! Thanks for your reply.

I guess my previous post is kind of messy, so please allow me to re-iterate my situation briefly.

PC side:
- It boots, but stuck at POST due to bad CMOS battery. (I will replace it later, but I assume this is not related to the B&W bar issue).
- The TOOL I got does NOT come with any hard drives. (I will order two IDE drivers and write the dump into it.)
PS2 side:
- About 10 secs after I boot the machine, it shows the grayscale test patterns. (It looks exactly the same as the YouTube video (At 8:42) on my previous posting, without color.)

The reason why I feel concerning is from the video I saw online, by default the PS2 side should just show the black screen without the PC side boots up.
And once the PC side boots up, the PS2 side then will load the INFO elf and show the network info on the TV screen. In either cases, without feeding executables to PS2 side, I suppose it should do nothing.

However in my case, the PS2 side showed that weird test patterns straightforward, which seems uncommon.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Ok im more then happy to help you out. To make it easier and not fill this thread, im willing to talk on discord where I can message quicker and or give you live help. My discord name is slycooper124#6199 please feel free to dm me there.

Wario

Apr 21, 2021
AGName
Wario
AG Join Date
21/04/2021
Hi, i have buy this unit 2 years ago from ebay.
the seller say me that the probabilly this UNIT come from the SONY UK headquarter. what can i do to see whats inside the HDD? what program can i use to backup the 2 hdd? i have only W10 SO . not linux, ubuntu or mac.

- what is the true valor ($£...) of this kind of unit?

- were i can found some beta or fangame disc to use by the TOOL?

- someone have the blu vertical stand to sell me at good price? my unit doesn't have. conseidering that i live in italy.

this unit works fine , play retail pal games. good contition. only some screatch.

i need to replace the 2 cmos battery and maybe replace some cap.

thanks
simone

20190118_201209.jpg20190118_191420.jpg20190131_222524.jpg20190118_200108.jpg

Reactions: Obsidian

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
the seller say me that the probabilly this UNIT come from the SONY UK headquarter. what can i do to see whats inside the HDD? what program can i use to backup the 2 hdd? i have only W10 SO . not linux, ubuntu or mac.

- someone have the blu vertical stand to sell me at good price? my unit doesn't have. conseidering that i live in italy.

this unit works fine , play retail pal games. good contition. only some screatch.

thanks
simone

View attachment 10995View attachment 10996View attachment 10997View attachment 10998
Hello, for imaging the hdd, I would recommend hddrawcopy, thats what I used and it can be ran on windows 10.

The value of a tool ps2 ranges based on condition and how complete the system is. So anywhere from as low as $350 to roughly $900. I have seen really nice ones with books and box go between $1200 - $1500, anything more then that is just a sellers dream price. As for a beta to run on the tool, if your looking for an original disc, look here at the marketplace section under developer, or on ebay for a higher cost. If you don't care for a physical disc, then check hiddenpalace.com for ps2 beta build isos. Finding an original stand is not common unless you want to camp on the yahoo actions website for one to show up. If you have access to a 3d printer and a cnc machine I have the blueprints to recreate all parts of the tool ps2 including the stand.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019

thanks
simone

View attachment 10995View attachment 10996View attachment 10997View attachment 10998
More than happy to offer my help if your interested.

Wario

Apr 21, 2021
AGName
Wario
AG Join Date
21/04/2021
Hello, for imaging the hdd, I would recommend hddrawcopy, thats what I used and it can be ran on windows 10.

The value of a tool ps2 ranges based on condition and how complete the system is. So anywhere from as low as $350 to roughly $900. I have seen really nice ones with books and box go between $1200 - $1500, anything more then that is just a sellers dream price. As for a beta to run on the tool, if your looking for an original disc, look here at the marketplace section under developer, or on ebay for a higher cost. If you don't care for a physical disc, then check hiddenpalace.com for ps2 beta build isos. Finding an original stand is not common unless you want to camp on the yahoo actions website for one to show up. If you have access to a 3d printer and a cnc machine I have the blueprints to recreate all parts of the tool ps2 including the stand.
www.hiddenpalace.com does not exist anymore :-(

the beta isos work only on a PS2 TEST adn TOOL right? whitout any patch?

Last edited:

Make a donation