Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
Hi all,

I recently got a PlayStation 3 Kiosk that I'm intending on restoring and bringing back to its original standard. It started life as a 2007 PlayStation 3 60GB kiosk, which was then (unfortunately) converted into a Slim kiosk which as a result, turned it into a bit of a garbled mess. (you can thank Harvey Norman for that) It has a Slim light up screen which lights up yellow (for reasons unknown) and a Slim PS3 door.

What I intend on doing is returning it to how it used to be, which may be a challenge. What I would like is a 60GB PlayStation 3 dummy unit (a unit that looks like the real thing, but isn't), an original PlayStation 3 Kiosk sign (the original red LED light up one, with a red LED; I hate the Slim writing and the yellow light. It makes it feel cheap) a kiosk door with the original PlayStation 3 writing and all of the necessary screws and cables for not only the display/TV, but the entire kiosk (anti-tamper screws for controller cradles and all of the display screws. I have no clue what the display ones look like, but I'll send some better pictures, if required. They're all missing for unknown reasons)

If anyone has any of these parts around, how much would you be asking? I'll send a poor quality image of what it used to look like and what it looks like now. Any help, would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

ABE338E3-E693-43E2-9EAD-0228FC800E65-5962-00000B39AAAA788E.jpg
IMG_2758.JPG
IMG_2757.JPG
IMG_2759.JPG
IMG_2760.JPG

Reactions: Tomspy77

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
Bump. I've installed the TV as a test fit with some spare screws and it works! All I need to know now is what this cable was used for? (it appears to be both for power and video, but I'm unsure as it only has two cables going into that specific area, one for the light up sign and the other I assume for the display) I'll send a picture. Also, does anybody know what's supposed to be inside the kiosk for the PlayStation 3? (such as a Velcro strap to lock it in place?) I'll send a picture of that as well.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

DSC_0110.JPGDSC_0111.JPGDSC_0112.JPG

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
My bet is that the black cut off cable is an HDMI cable, or it least it used to be :ROFLMAO:
It probably is, and if that's the case, that'll make the restoration extremely easy. Hahaha. Thanks, Wombat!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Reactions: Wombat

King_of_PS

Registered
Aug 7, 2019
AGName
King_of_PS
AG Join Date
I’m in the process of building a Franken-kiosk myself (gave up on finding all the original missing parts).
Give me a shout if you come across any other issues.CB50240D-A407-413C-8698-1720B7098D37.jpeg

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
I’m in the process of building a Franken-kiosk myself (gave up on finding all the original missing parts).
Give me a shout if you come across any other issues.View attachment 2751
Hi King_of_PS,

I've technically completed mine, however I've run into some unusual problems. None of my PlayStation 3's, whether it's a Fat, Slim or Super Slim fit properly. (it's meant to fit a Fat PlayStation 3, but something seems off: both in fitting and the fact it has to be positioned upside down) It may be the wires that are blocking its path or that fan is in the way. It looks great now, especially with the dummy console light working again. (I replaced the original four prong fluorescent light assembly with a circular LED light and it works wonders! However, due to the aforementioned fluorescent light being there in the past, it burnt the red cover piece, which was quite annoying to discover, as you see by the black patch in the photos. The picture you see where everything is running was a test to see if everything we did was successful. It was. (it was just the console that's causing a bit of grief at the moment) I'm not sure if you can see anything wrong with the setup, but I believe there's meant to be a strap to hold the console in place, as it overheats without it. Here's some pictures for your consideration. Just one question, was that light up sign original? I'm trying to look for one myself.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

IMG_2772.JPG
IMG_2773.JPG

King_of_PS

Registered
Aug 7, 2019
AGName
King_of_PS
AG Join Date
My light is original- back of mine was bought as an ex-shop pegboard display. Though ironically it was possibly a kiosk originally, that was converted into the pegboard display.

There’s no strap to hold the console in on mine, BUT - I have a rubber pad that screws down from the thread on the right hand side. With the console in place, you unscrew it until it holds the console in place ?
C4E0C3D5-E657-4C3A-B9C2-3F22D3F31874.jpeg

Make a donation