Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PlayStation games not working on PS3

Slayer2k8

Original poster
Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
Does anyone know if this is a common problem? or just restricted to a small number of discs.
The issue i have is with Star Wars Episode 1 PlayStation game the Japanese version i've tried two copies on three separate Japanese PS3 systems and it crashes just after the intro on all three. The discs themselves are in mint condition they just lock up the PS3's everytime.
I only have a small collection of PlayStation discs all of which work flawlessly i did try looking online but couldn't find anyone else who have the same issue any ideas?

Dennis Delitsso

Donator
Donator
Registered
Feb 14, 2020
I suppose you're using CECHA PS3s? The thread name suggests that PS2 games are not working, but in the message, you only mention this Star Wars game. Have you tried other games, or jailbreak PS3 to see if it's fixes the problem on Custom Firmware?

Slayer2k8

Original poster
Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
Yeah sorry all three PS3 are completely standard the game is a PS1 title nothing to do with PS2 games they won't work as all the PS3's are super slim models.
If it matters or not when i had my backwards compatible fat ps3 it didn't work on that either.
All my other PS1 games load fine only this particular one doesn't.

Slayer2k8

Original poster
Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
Hi,

Thanks seems according to the PS1 Classics Emulator Compatibility List you linked the US version works with some issues while the PAL & NTSC J are listed as ?. If that's the case i think i can confirm that at least the Japanese version is non functional.
Also the official Japanese PlayStation classics list doesn't include the game although i might have missed it but i suspect this was due to licensing.
I have access to a modded PS3 i'll try it on that to see if the disc will work.

Reactions: zecoxao

Make a donation