Welcome to Obscure Gamers

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

[POLL] Potential changes to our subscription model

Would you be happy to switch from Patreon to another service Ko-Fi?

• Sure! I'd be happy to switch from Patreon to Ko-Fi

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No, I'd rather stick with Patreon

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Hey all,
while we continue to expand Obscure Gamers and reach more people, Patreon has become a popular way for you to support us in our ever reaching quest for preservation. While patreon has been an ideal platform up until this point, due to the recent changes regarding fees on our end, we are now having to pay a significant ammount of money to Patreon in order to use the service. We have found an alternative site that will allow you to continue to support us while still receiving the same great rewards.

Our question to you is this; Would you be happy to switch from Patreon to another service (Ko-Fi) in order to continue to support us, allowing more of your money to go towards our service?

Morphic

Morphic

Ko-Fi seems great. Easy to donate, not the requirements that Patreon has (or maybe it's 'had', might have changed since I last looked).

Then again, you guys set up the Ko-Fi donation page for members like me who won't use Patreon...so...I'm kinda biased.

Then again, you guys set up the Ko-Fi donation page for members like me who won't use Patreon...so...I'm kinda biased.

This was the whole reason to suggest. Patreon takes like 10% or something then Paypal takes theirs, with Ko-Fi we pay $6.99 for the same features (and more) that Patreon does but unlike Patreon that $6.99 is the only fee we'll pay minus Paypal. For us it works out like $15/extra each month and long term that's more money to upgrade servers as needed.

This was the whole reason to suggest. Patreon takes like 10% or something then Paypal takes theirs, with Ko-Fi we pay $6.99 for the same features (and more) that Patreon does but unlike Patreon that $6.99 is the only fee we'll pay minus Paypal. For us it works out like $15/extra each month and long term that's more money to upgrade servers as needed.

Damien,

I think I asked you this before (or maybe I asked one of the admins. Sorry, I'm forgetful). Would you guys consider adding more tiers so members with different budgets will have more choices to contribute? For example, I think adding another $5 and/or $10 tier(s) on top of the current tiers? I know a few folks on here would be happy to contribute more but can't due to the limited choices that they have

Damien,

I think I asked you this before (or maybe I asked one of the admins. Sorry, I'm forgetful). Would you guys consider adding more tiers so members with different budgets will have more choices to contribute? For example, I think adding another $5 and/or $10 tier(s) on top of the current tiers? I know a few folks on here would be happy to contribute more but can't due to the limited choices that they have

Hey, Ko-Fi doesn't do tiers like Patreon it works on a what you can help with basis. I.e you could donate $1 or $1000 it would be your choice. I'll be sorting out monthly donations via Ko-Fi likely in a few days as we've got a bunch of news lined up and condensing of projects so lots happening.

Thanks,
Damien

Hey, Ko-Fi doesn't do tiers like Patreon it works on a what you can help with basis. I.e you could donate $1 or $1000 it would be your choice. I'll be sorting out monthly donations via Ko-Fi likely in a few days as we've got a bunch of news lined up and condensing of projects so lots happening.

Thanks,
Damien
That would be perfect. Thanks