Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Potential unreleased DC game... MS Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe Series!

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
I agree with the others here, it might be best to get the files released to the public for preservation sake. And then with more eyes on it there is better chance to get it working.

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
I agree with the others here, it might be best to get the files released to the public for preservation sake. And then with more eyes on it there is better chance to get it working.
Here's my take on it:
1. Let Sizious inspect the files to try and make it work.
2. Release the working image among with original data if so desired.

That way you avoid a race for release of a working copy, with many subpar ones and ton of confusion.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
And that way no ones toes get stepped on.

psycho

Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
www.handheldmuseum.com
AGName
Psycho
AG Join Date
Oct 24, 2005
Yeah, that's the plan... I'm all for releasing it for everyone in the end. We'll see what Sizious can do with it. Getting the drive with the files tomorrow and we'll move forward from there.

Hopefully a playable image of some kind can be made, but either way I'm okay with sharing the whole drive image.
It's not my software, and I don't even have the Katana anymore, so no need to hoard it or keep it a secret... :)

neo

Feb 1, 2019
AGName
Mrneo240
AG Join Date
06/08/2010
Yeah, that's the plan... I'm all for releasing it for everyone in the end. We'll see what Sizious can do with it. Getting the drive with the files tomorrow and we'll move forward from there.

Hopefully a playable image of some kind can be made, but either way I'm okay with sharing the whole drive image.
It's not my software, and I don't even have the Katana anymore, so no need to hoard it or keep it a secret... :)
I really admire your positive attitude and openess about this. It's quite refreshing to see

Reactions: darcagn

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
Yup. And I agree with a whole image being released eventually.
Even if SiZiOUS comes up with a fine release. You never know what someone else may discover or unlock from the content on the hard drive afterwards.

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
This is wonderful news! I'm really looking forward to this. Major props to you and everyone else who shares with the community. <3

Reactions: neo

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
...That way you avoid a race for release of a working copy, with many subpar ones and ton of confusion.
Not only you avoid this, in the past a lot of data dumps didn't get the proper attention they needed and it's data faded into obscurity. I'm looking at you, Evil Twin, 4 Wheel Thunder, Giant Killers, NHL 2k2 devkit dumps!

Happy to see how @psycho is handling this!

And man.... reading that the build is playable AND seeing such a big start menu.... really makes my heart pump faster o_O?

Reactions: FamilyGuy

Ian micheal

Jul 22, 2019
Yes this is very cool. I loved to look at the source that's the most interesting part to me. like a big example how the dev kit can be used we need more for that this is great very nice how your doing this psycho..

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Wow I am in disbelief something is actually working! Keep us all posted!

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
wow, planes i might actually be able to fly!

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
This is excellent news!

Meringues

Jun 18, 2019
AGName
Meringues
AG Join Date
May 24, 2012
This is brilliant, the Dreamcast community never ceases to amaze me!

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
Psycho posted an update on assembler:

Just piecing it all together now. Sizious got both builds to run (one is earlier and more development in nature, with text information on the screen and such), and a couple of tiny test/sample builds of animation. I'm going to get them all together in one archive and release all of it just so it's all kept together. This week for sure!

Make a donation