Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Potential unreleased DC game... MS Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe Series!

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
That same someone pcwzrd13 over on dreamcast-talk.com continued his research, and found that the same developer Kalisto Entertainment, worked on a game called Totem, which was moved to PS2 but never released. The engine from the game (TotemTech) survived, eventually being used on Microsoft's 2020 Flight Simulator !

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
interesting stuff. Has anyone been able to get the Flight Simulator Alpha build to run properly in DreamShell btw? All I get when I load up the GDI version is some rotating wireframe plane model with a bunch of text and none of the controls are responding...

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
That is the same on all methods I believe. I forgot what I did to get in game but you can select from different planes and render methods and you can do certain buttons to get it to load up in game. It is very much like a preliminary port, very little is actually there of the game and it tends to crash often.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Yeah unfortunately not much is really there. It looks like maybe less than 10-15% complete, and just barely able to go into game at this point. One of the builds doesn't even get very far. The one that does however you can fly around Western Europe and the map is very huge, but low detailed and if you fly up too high it tends to crash. So if anybody ever manages to get in game keep to lower altitudes.

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Well, despite the state of the builds, I'd say it's still a good thing they actually made it to a public release after years of rotting away on a devkit HDD.
Video game preservation is serious business after all, just like any other form of art preservation so its importance must never be underestimated!

Btw, stay tuned for the Test Drive Cycles fundraiser, which will most likely go live this coming weekend.

Reactions: Greg2600

PrOfUnD Darkness

Registered
Jul 10, 2019
AGName
PrOfUnD Darkness
AG Join Date
2004-03-13
Someone did a YouTube video playthrough (or attempt at least) of it! :)

Nice video, but just making a correction, the game is not unheard of before psycho bringing it here. In the early 2000s after the DC's demise I did some research about unreleased games and like most of my projects it didn't go much further, but looking at my files today I found a folder for this game with what I found at that point. Not big news but just confirming that some news website knew about it back then. Links work through http://web.archive.org if you want to check.

Developer: Konami

May 29, 2000: We haven't heard anything on this for a while -- and now with the XBox, it's likely been canceled.

MS Combat Flight Simulator

Yet again it appears that Microsoft is having a somewhat larger role for the US Dreamcast. Reports from retailers are now showing that Microsoft's hot PC title MS Combat Flight Simulator is coming to the Dreamcast. While Microsoft has remained quiet their aim to get into the console market is well documented. Last year they signed a deal with Psygnosis to bring three popular titles to the PSX platform. It is currently unknown if Microsoft would publish the flight sim themselves or if a similar deal has been cut with another publisher. MS Combat Flight Simulator is currently set for a December release.

Reactions: NeoSnk

Make a donation