Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
AGName
Daytime Dreamer
AG Join Date
Feb 21, 2010
Hi there folks,

I got a PS£ DECR-1400A from eBay. The machine starts but on the first screen it prompts me to connect the controller through a USB cable. When doing so on the next screen it states the system software cannot be run correctly. When I download firmware 2.6 from here (260.001 DECR) https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/260.001_DECR, it states the data is corrupted.

Any steps I am doing wrong? How do you advice I proceed?

Thanks

Tokimemofan

Registered
May 30, 2019
What version was it running? I find that on a 1000a trying to downgrade below 3.55 will fail unless it has been downgraded to 3.55 first. They changed something in the dev updates, probably encryption related.

mementomori

proto person
A9L Staff
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
Dump the HDD first as an .img file before booting, otherwise the data that may be left on that console (read: potential dev builds of games or other goodies) could be overwritten and lost.

A newer firmware file may help you out with your issue, but I unfortunately cannot provide any more suggestions outside of that. But when you get it working after dumping you can Rebug it and dump the EID root key.

Ruukasu

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
AGName
Daytime Dreamer
AG Join Date
Feb 21, 2010
Dump the HDD first as an .img file before booting, otherwise the data that may be left on that console (read: potential dev builds of games or other goodies) could be overwritten and lost.

A newer firmware file may help you out with your issue, but I unfortunately cannot provide any more suggestions outside of that. But when you get it working after dumping you can Rebug it and dump the EID root key.

Ultra late reply, I know.

How do you suggest I dump the HDD? Remove it, connect it to a PC and dump it with some program?

mementomori

proto person
A9L Staff
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
Ultra late reply, I know.

How do you suggest I dump the HDD? Remove it, connect it to a PC and dump it with some program?
Yes, you can dump it on a PC with HDDRawCopy. Do not initialize the hard drive as it will break the data. Just dump it as is to an .img file and do not overwrite another drive with it.

Ruukasu

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
AGName
Daytime Dreamer
AG Join Date
Feb 21, 2010
Ok something really weird happened. I opened up the PS3 DECR again after months in order to give it a go with the 2.60 firmware again and once I heard the power up beep and the machine was trying to access the hard drive, the YLOD came up immediately and then the red flashing light every time.

I thought to myself that this is very weird so I removed the hard drive from the caddy and powered up the machine without the HDD. The green light stayed green for around 20-30 seconds and then the yellow light came on, followed by the red one and it powered down. Not sure if the HDD is my main source of problems here or just the machine was on it's last legs.

I am now dumping the 160gb HDD through HDD RAW Copy 1.10 to an img file.

Ruukasu

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
AGName
Daytime Dreamer
AG Join Date
Feb 21, 2010
Yes, you can dump it on a PC with HDDRawCopy. Do not initialize the hard drive as it will break the data. Just dump it as is to an .img file and do not overwrite another drive with it.

Ok I inserted another SSD which I formatted as MBR on a PC (exFAT bu I believe this doesn't matter) and the PS3 Tool power light stays green for 5-6 seconds, then it goes into YLOD mode (yellow light on for like half a second and then blinking red light)

IPman1

Registered
Mar 16, 2022
Did you ever get this up and running again. I saw one on ebay and I wanted to bid but wasnt sure if I may come across this same issue messing with it?

Ruukasu

Original poster
Registered
Jun 22, 2019
AGName
Daytime Dreamer
AG Join Date
Feb 21, 2010
Did you ever get this up and running again. I saw one on ebay and I wanted to bid but wasnt sure if I may come across this same issue messing with it?

Have left it aside in order to fiddle with it when I have time. I will probably look at it again in the next couple of days. No progress so far.

Make a donation