Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Progear - CAVE's best horizontal shmup ever!

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

I feel like Progear is never talked about outside the hardcore shmup community, which to me seems weird. Although considering it was never ported to something like the Dreamcast where so many other games were. Most likely due to the year it was released but even a PS2 port would have been amazing.

Anyway, who else has played it? It's one of the B boards I'd never part with, and one day when I actually have the space for a candy cab it will be one of the games that's in heavy rotation

waiwainl

Jun 16, 2019
AGName
waiwainl
AG Join Date
29-08-2016
Great game, though I prefer Deathsmiles more in terms of CAVE's horizontal games.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Deathsmiles "clicks" with me more, but I love the aesthetic of Progear just a tad better. Truth be told I am much better at Deathsmiles though and did a video on that a few months back.

esprade

Registered
Sep 7, 2019
AG Join Date
April 25th 2011
I almost 1CC this game, it's difficult. Definately one of the best shmups of this generation for sure.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I like it, though I've only played in an emulator. I agree that the visual style is pretty good. CPS2 is definitely an interesting system. I'll probably get one eventually.

Make a donation