Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Have any of you ever played Project M and or Legacy XP? They are mods for smash bros brawl.

I've had Legacy installed for awhile now, and I've noticed the controls feel laggy or delayed. Are there known performance issues with these mods, or could it be my busted up controllers, or is it just that different when going from the Switch to the Wii?

I'm running it on a standard original Wii with a Wii2HDMI adapter from Amazon.

Btw, if you haven't tried these mods yet, they're pretty fun. Check them out

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
Project M is fantastic, though I've never heard of Legacy XP until now. (I just looked it up and it looks awesome, will have to try.)

I never had any control issues with Project M, with the same setup (Wii + Wii2HDMI adapter).

Honestly, there's no way that Project M would have become so popular if it had a glaring flaw such as input lag. The Smash community would never go for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinta77

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Project M is fantastic, though I've never heard of Legacy XP until now. (I just looked it up and it looks awesome, will have to try.)

I never had any control issues with Project M, with the same setup (Wii + Wii2HDMI adapter).

Honestly, there's no way that Project M would have become so popular if it had a glaring flaw such as input lag. The Smash community would never go for that!
I uninstalled project M because Legacy has everything it has plus more, so I cant go back and test Project M :/ I'm wondering if it's just my controllers

Reactions: Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
Here's something else to consider:

C. Game lags too much in the menus
a. Run the launcher and instead of Play, select Addons then install Experimental Menu Speedup
b. If that still doesn’t work, you’ll need a faster SDHC card ( Class 10 )
D. Slow load times
a. Remove all files from your sd card and full format your sd card to FAT32 with a 32 kilobyte cluster
b. Reinstall Legacy XP onto your SD card
c. If that still doesn’t work, you’ll need a faster SDHC card (Class 10)

Reactions: Pinta77

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Here's something else to consider:
That could be it. The SD card is formatted correctly, but I have a lot of files on it. Maybe I'll get a new one and move legacy to that and see if it helps

Make a donation