Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Prototype XBOX ONE X

tjd2

Registered
Jan 8, 2020
As i told you on Reddit, please take pictures of the inside. I'm (and i'm sure many other people are) wondering if the motherboard will be different from retail or what other differences would be there.

Good thing is that Xbox One X doesn't have any warranty seals afaik. (at least that specimen doesn't)

Tokimemofan

Registered
May 30, 2019
As i told you on Reddit, please take pictures of the inside. I'm (and i'm sure many other people are) wondering if the motherboard will be different from retail or what other differences would be there.

Good thing is that Xbox One X doesn't have any warranty seals afaik. (at least that specimen doesn't)
It did have a warranty seal by the looks of it, it is quite visible in the picture stuck to the white rectangle on the label where the serial number would normally be instead of over the screw where it should be

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
As has already been said, you need photos of the internals - all that "prototype" label means is that it was imported before they got an FCC number for it - the actual internals could be anywhere between an early development model and 100% identical to retail. For example, I have a Sony Sixaxis controller that has a "prototype" label - but the internals are 100% identical to the early Japanese retail units - even down to the date codes on the chips when I compared it to controller my friend had that came from a Japanese launch unit.

Jerich0

Registered
Feb 4, 2020
can it be power on? Or just one of those blank board display model?

Jerich0

Registered
Feb 4, 2020
Ports look populated so I don't think it would be a display model although that's not always a tell tale sign
in store display model will have all its port populated, blank board with fake ports

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
in store display model will have all its port populated, blank board with fake ports

I very much doubt it's a form fit model - there would be no need for that FCC disclaimer if it wasn't functional. That also clearly implies it's a pre-certification unit, so the real question is if it's final spec or something earlier. On the Sony stuff you can tell really easily by checking the first digit of the assembly code on the board (0 = Development, 1 or more = Production release), but I'm not aware of anything equivalent for Microsoft hardware.

Reactions: Jerich0

Jerich0

Registered
Feb 4, 2020
I very much doubt it's a form fit model - there would be no need for that FCC disclaimer if it wasn't functional. That also clearly implies it's a pre-certification unit, so the real question is if it's final spec or something earlier. On the Sony stuff you can tell really easily by checking the first digit of the assembly code on the board (0 = Development, 1 or more = Production release), but I'm not aware of anything equivalent for Microsoft hardware.
CF611013-1E61-4222-813C-F0F64F475248.png
I don’t have any retail casing Xbox one x proto but I do have a xbox one s proto with warranty seal and complete labels, it’s a Blank board unit with ports, so I assume the same for other xbox one models, I guess only the op can clear the issue up

Attachments

• 29C99847-FA33-4083-8B6C-3805C44EF06F.png
    29C99847-FA33-4083-8B6C-3805C44EF06F.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Feb 3, 2019
Donations
£126.57
I would bet it is a display model with ports to look real but otherwise unpopulated motherboard. I have seen it a few times before. Will be very obvious if opened lol. I am about 95% certain of this just from the images as it looks identical to every other display model I have seen.

EvanSki

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
am i the only one wondering why an engraved logo would have a Unicode error instead of "xbox one X"

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Feb 3, 2019
Donations
£126.57
am i the only one wondering why an engraved logo would have a Unicode error instead of "xbox one X"
Not sure on that, but every display X1X kit I have seen has been that way. Would be nice to get pics of the inside to confirm.

Make a donation