• Hey, Guest!

XenForo 2.2 is coming soon, it's bringing many new features such as a PWA app for OG etc. It also comes with the drawback of more costs to update themes/some addons. It'll also remove access to some older browsers which'll suck but these shouldn't be used as their security sucks.

With the costs already looming we decided to improve OG's look with a new fancy theme that gives OG a more gamer feel. This has cost us only slightly more than it would have cost to renew the current theme and runs alot nicer.

You can beta test it here: Linky. (Please note only dark is live, light will come once issues are ironed out.)

If the current theme breaks on update we will end of life it, but we'll make something looking similar based on the default free theme so don't fret!

PS2 "Matrix PIC Fix" Hex

bart_simpson

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
bart_simpson
AG Join Date
13/05/11
If you get it working i would buy a few boards :)

HaloSlayer255

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Almost installed on a v10 console, just need to trace out point K, going to connect to ground as a test run.

---Edit---
Connected point K to the left of Point I on modchip install diagrams, identified in the service manuals as pin 78. Point J was traced to IC mentioned in one of Kel's posts. Pin 2 near point J in the v9 image. L1 and L2 are connected. 5v is taken from a romeo mod 5v source. Ground is near a Zif socket on the outer edge of the board.

Switching the power supply master switch on results in fan spinning up, power and eject dont function and the only way to run off the console is with the master switch. I better go over and double check with my work.

Will see if I can reach kel, and see what he thinks.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy in these times,
HaloSlayer255

Last edited:

zoinknoise

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
zoinknoise
AG Join Date
Switching the power supply master switch on results in fan spinning up, power and eject dont function and the only way to run off the console is with the master switch. I better go over and double check with my work.
i just built one of these boards for my V10 (GH-026) and it didn't work either. on powerup, i got a nasty grinding noise from the optical drive, and it wouldn't read discs. i quickly took it apart and disconnected the board, did the romeo mod instead.

is this mod dependent on the actual pickup in the console? the V9 and V10 either came with the Sanyo HD7 or Sony 400C, mine is the latter. (thankfully)

HaloSlayer255

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Seems I have to find out where the mechacon signal is for the v10 board. Otherwise the comsoft fix just powers off the console.

The romeo mod is needed for any optical assembly whether KHS-400C or HD7.

If I eventually find the mechacon point I'll update the post and provide an updated schematic.

Hope everyone is staying safe,
HaloSlayer255