• Hey, Guest!

XenForo 2.2 is coming soon, it's bringing many new features such as a PWA app for OG etc. It also comes with the drawback of more costs to update themes/some addons. It'll also remove access to some older browsers which'll suck but these shouldn't be used as their security sucks.

With the costs already looming we decided to improve OG's look with a new fancy theme that gives OG a more gamer feel. This has cost us only slightly more than it would have cost to renew the current theme and runs alot nicer.

You can beta test it here: Linky. (Please note only dark is live, light will come once issues are ironed out.)

If the current theme breaks on update we will end of life it, but we'll make something looking similar based on the default free theme so don't fret!

PS2 Slim 7700x not spinning

pato

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
What could be? My PS2 was having a issue with the laser reader and decided to replace the whole disc reader set (laser, disc rotor and ribbon cable), but the disc rotor is not spinning, could it be the RS chip?

Nully

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
lh
AG Join Date
What was the original issue, did you replace the entire deck as one piece? Can you see the red light in the lens when holding the lid sensors down, is the lens bobbing up and down, did you try cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, did you try reseating the ribbon cable, did you remove the anti-static point, does a CD read, are you using the correct replacement (mainly the spindle is going to be the issue [take note that the worm drive cable isn't backwards on the connector as well, this differs between models], try swapping the pickup into your original assembly).

Last edited:

pato

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
What was the original issue, did you replace the entire deck as one piece? Can you see the red light in the lens when holding the lid sensors down, is the lens bobbing up and down, did you try cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, did you try reseating the ribbon cable, did you remove the anti-static point, does a CD read, are you using the correct replacement (mainly the spindle is going to be the issue [take note that the worm drive cable isn't backwards on the connector as well, this differs between models], try swapping the pickup into your original assembly).

I've went back into the store where I bought the kit, turns out a few pins of spindle cable had been let out, replaced it and it worked.

cta

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
> back into the store
> into
As in, a physical brick-and-mortar store? That carries PS2 replacement parts? O_O
Cherish it, there can't be many left.

pato

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
> back into the store
> into
As in, a physical brick-and-mortar store? That carries PS2 replacement parts? O_O
Cherish it, there can't be many left.
Correct, maybe this is one advantage of the third world countries ,LEL

Nully

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
lh
AG Join Date
I've went back into the store where I bought the kit, turns out a few pins of spindle cable had been let out, replaced it and it worked.
Great to hear. Hopefully this will be a lesson to others, to not freak out and assume the absolute worst about a problem as I see all the time because it rarely ever is. ;)