Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Slim 7700x not spinning

pato

Original poster
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
What could be? My PS2 was having a issue with the laser reader and decided to replace the whole disc reader set (laser, disc rotor and ribbon cable), but the disc rotor is not spinning, could it be the RS chip?

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
What was the original issue, did you replace the entire deck as one piece? Can you see the red light in the lens when holding the lid sensors down, is the lens bobbing up and down, did you try cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, did you try reseating the ribbon cable, did you remove the anti-static point, does a CD read, are you using the correct replacement (mainly the spindle is going to be the issue [take note that the worm drive cable isn't backwards on the connector as well, this differs between models], try swapping the pickup into your original assembly).

Last edited:
Reactions: pato

pato

Original poster
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
What was the original issue, did you replace the entire deck as one piece? Can you see the red light in the lens when holding the lid sensors down, is the lens bobbing up and down, did you try cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, did you try reseating the ribbon cable, did you remove the anti-static point, does a CD read, are you using the correct replacement (mainly the spindle is going to be the issue [take note that the worm drive cable isn't backwards on the connector as well, this differs between models], try swapping the pickup into your original assembly).

I've went back into the store where I bought the kit, turns out a few pins of spindle cable had been let out, replaced it and it worked.

Reactions: Nully

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
> back into the store
> into
As in, a physical brick-and-mortar store? That carries PS2 replacement parts? O_O
Cherish it, there can't be many left.

Reactions: Nully and pato

pato

Original poster
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
> back into the store
> into
As in, a physical brick-and-mortar store? That carries PS2 replacement parts? O_O
Cherish it, there can't be many left.

Correct, maybe this is one advantage of the third world countries ,LEL

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
I've went back into the store where I bought the kit, turns out a few pins of spindle cable had been let out, replaced it and it worked.
Great to hear. Hopefully this will be a lesson to others, to not freak out and assume the absolute worst about a problem as I see all the time because it rarely ever is. ;)

Reactions: pato

Make a donation