Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS3 Test HDD Upgrade

• Thread starter Deleted member 211
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
I received a test and I would like to change out the drive to a larger one. It already on a 4.x version with Rebug. Do I need to use the 3.55 downgrade pup? I tried it and it says No Applicable update found. If I try the rebug firmware, it just says a serious issue has occurred.
It's a PHAT PS3 Test.

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
use any firmware you want, even latest one.
i remember simmilar thread being here

Reactions: Deleted member 211
D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
Any firmware I try to use, it says it isn’t for this ps3. Someone mentioned on discord to just use the build in feature. I’m going to try that. Thanks!

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Not sure if what you're requiring is different from what I did, but here's that thread:

Basically I just popped in a bigger HDD.

D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
Thanks for posting this. It doesn’t like any of the firmware files I’ve tried. It says I can use any 2.x or higher. Almost starting to think there is something wrong with my kit. I’ve tried OFW 3.55, 3.55 downgrade firmware, and the debug firmware.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
For some reason I couldn't install rebug, so I'm afraid I'm no help in this regard.

D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
Ah, I what I’m saying is I can’t even get any OFW to install with the new drive to even to get to the point of rebug

xXKARTEXXx

Nov 15, 2019
Have you tried the Rebug firmware 4.84.2 D-REX? This is the newest firmware the 4.85.1 is a lite firmware this is a cex firmware. And have you ever tested another USB port to install the firmware.It does not matter which firmware but it must be a d-rex firmware.
So I also exchanged the hard disk on my decr-1400a to 1tb and was able to install the firmware without problems.
Folder on the stick PS3 / UPDATE / PS3UPDAT.PUP And if it doesn't work, try using the Target Manager to update your firmware.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
Thanks. I’ll try that. Is it worth getting a tool?

xXKARTEXXx

Nov 15, 2019
Yes the temps alone are much better i have 52 cpu 46 rsx if i play over 1 hour with the standart fan speed.

DECR-1000 - Final development kit. About 2U in height, rackmountable. Features 6 USB ports, two of the ports are marked for the "rear" , to simulate the missing rear USB ports on the retail PS3. Like all of the other TOOL Prototypes (DEH) feature 2X HDMI ports, 3X LAN ports (+1 DEV LAN), AV multi out + VGA out. However, 2nd HDMI port, and 2 of the lan ports are covered. But, features analog audio outputs! Also has 512MB of system memory.

DECR-1400A - Newest kit, DECR-1400a use the casing from a CECHBxx PS3, has 512MB system ram vs the TEST's 256MB.
Has 2X LAN connectors, one for the PS3, one for DEV) / 4USB Ports.

You can play with both ps2 games if you have installed rebug there is a special firmware for the consoles. You can switch between dex and decr xmb in the Rebug Toolbox. With the dex xmb you can play ps2 games.I mostly use my decr-1400a for debug builds because it has more ram than a retail ps3 or test ps3.

D

Deleted member 211

Original poster
Thanks for your response about the tool. I think I'll grab one.

I've tried just putting the 4.82.2 D-REX firmware on a thumb drive, and the same thing. To verify if's a real Test, I was able to disable HDCP. Not sure if that's a good way, but I read that is a way to verify.

Reactions: xXKARTEXXx

psydefx

Registered
Jul 6, 2019
AGName
psydefx
AG Join Date
March 27, 2016
yeah any firmware should work. i installed a 1tb on my dechj00a no problems, tested 3.55 downgrader and various 4.xx cfw also

i reccomend you install joonies pasta cobra dex cfw as it works best with prodg

Make a donation