• We have added an "AG" Registration date/Username profile option. If you add this upon signup we'll be able to verify faster thanks. (If already joined you can edit under profile settings.)

If you had an account on OG1 you will need to re-register as this is a new start for all.

PSA: AG Two-Step backup codes don't work

Just to warn people in case they still have some important stuff on AG, e.g. in pms, that are not backed up.

I've reset my phone recently and forget to turn off Two-Factor authentication on the services I use when doing so.

No big deal, I just needed to hunt down the backup codes for most services (e.g. google) that I've backed up somewhere.

EXCEPT for AssemblerGames. Our favorite closed-four-months-ago-but-still-running website seems to have a bug (suprise!) with backup codes not working and as such I can't log in using any method; I'm locked out.

If you wanted to contact me via PM there, try here instead. Thankfully I have backed up my PMs when the website shutdown was first announced.

Comments

Ah crap that's not good, if you (or anybody else here) has this issue OG side please email proof of account ownership be it email/ip and isp used most/proof of email ownership too (as we'll email a new pass after). Just so we can confirm you're the legit account holder.

I'm going to move this to the news here just so more are able to be aware of this issue.

Thank you for making this post!

I did think the time could have been incorrect on the Assembler server, which would cause 2FA codes not to work, however I made a test post and the time's correct.

I guess it's another broken feature to be aware of sadly.

At least the community now has a reliable alternative with ObscureGamers!

I did think the time could have been incorrect on the Assembler server, which would cause 2FA codes not to work, however I made a test post and the time's correct.

I guess it's another broken feature to be aware of sadly.

At least the community now has a reliable alternative with ObscureGamers!
My issue is with backup codes, which are not time dependent anyways. I've lost my rolling code when resetting my phone, which is annoying but shouldn't lock you out as long as you got the backup codes. But AG doesn't accept my backup codes (and I've used the proper way to enter them).

Normally I guess I could contact the admins to sort it out, but in AG current state, that's not an option.

so now you cant backup the rest of your pms, and you cant log in to the site too? oh bummer, the site is up but without an admin. (kevin is the only admin but he doesnt care) very unlikely your profile to be unlock

so now you cant backup the rest of your pms, and you cant log in to the site too? oh bummer, the site is up but without an admin. (kevin is the only admin but he doesnt care) very unlikely your profile to be unlock
Everything is backed up on my side, but I though I'd warn others in case they haven't backed up their stuff.

I really wonder when it'll be shut down for real though.