GetTheKnife

Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
AGName
GetTheKnife
AG Join Date
Today
I tried some anti-mod games when I had the one chip and they booted fine, so I assumed it was working, but now I read a lot of anti mod games disable the protection on pal consoles. So maybe not. I think @GetTheKnife still has the onechip in, so maybe they can try the next resistor along before swapping to a psnee.

After some more testing occasionally getting the odd failed boot with psnee (cd player), don't remember if I had any with onechip, but I didn't test it as extensivly because the chirp was annoying.

I think they have all been ntsc, so maybe bios patch failing occasionally or just console being fussy. Work 9/10 times, so good enough really and no issues once booted. Think I'd prefer the occasional fail, than 100% but the chirp.

Point 2 I tried it doesn't make any difference, only on point 6 that the noise goes away but it becomes even more picky with burned games requiring even lower resistance. So I'm going to get the psnee, that is the only alternative to play imported games or the mm3 but without the ability to play imported games.

Damian

Sep 15, 2019
AGName
Damian
AG Join Date
Feb 19, 2019
You can still use ONEchip for BIOS patching.

I found it interesting. I have PS2 50004 that have (I guess) Ripper 2 Gold. I need to reset console twice to boot PSX game, and guess what? It's also chirping, but for few seconds. After booting game it's quiet again. Stealth isn't working though. Failed on Dino Crisis.

Ichisuke

Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
Sorry to bump this but I have a similar issue. This is my install (I'm not a pro at soldering).IMG_20210929_181627.jpg

I get a very subtle "scratching" noise from the laser, actually only when the console has to load something and not while reading "stream" data like a movie audio etc. I don't understand if by moving point 6 (data) I can solve the issue or what.

Thank you guys.

EDIT: chip disable itself if I turn on the console with lid open and goes to memory card screen. I can only launch an original disc and you won't hear any strange sound. Instead it stays on if I keep the lid closed (with no disc), and insert a disc after reaching the mem screen. Stealth function thou seems to work fine since I'm able to boot a pal original of Um Jammer Lammy that I know detect the chip. But the chip itself doesn't "turn off" since there is always the buzzing noise. Is this normal behaviour of the chip, apart from the noise?

Last edited:

Make a donation