Problem Solver
Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
Hi, I thought I would revive the PSP Devkit owner scene a bit by releasing things that were useful, yet not public until now:

This first link are the official 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 firmware files from the 1.0.3 SDK including readme instructions and the kbooti.bin files, I included rinit.prx for good measure.

The second link is a modification of the 6.60 sdk's windows 1.50 downgrader tool by yours truly, that flashes 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 firmware respectively (if you don't want to bother with file serving and command line tools to flash the firmware of your choice), note that the selfboot patch is not included in this because the tool is hardcoded to expect physical and logical format phases and I couldn't be bothered to include this for an optional patch.

These will allow you to easily recover from a brick or downgrade from any firmware to 1.0.2 and 1.0.3. Please note that 1.0.2 does NOT have a vsh (well, it does, but it's hidden and you'd have to flash a modified version for it to appear, the old 1.0.2 vsh is somewhat buggy though), so please do not be surprised if you end up booting on the old balloon demo (that's what 0.8.0 to 1.0.2 firmware seem to default to).

By the way, if you have any old firmware or SDK (including tools and what not) for PSP, I am interested in those, so feel free to contact me.

P.S. For those who don't know, 1.0.3 is the official retail 1.00 firmware.

UPDATE 2019.11.18:

I figured out the .arc algorithm and crafted new ones, which means new versions of the patched PSPhtool downgrader are available!

PSPhtool_102downgrader_vsh.zip: Installs the 1.0.2 firmware patched to load the hidden vsh instead of the vanilla balloon (the vsh is finnicky and may require power cycling + switching from/to DVD/UMD to load, it's pre-release as you would expect, although it does run properly on top of the 1.0.3 and 1.5.0 kernel and never crashes using those, but I wanted to stick with the most untouched experience as possible.)

PSPhtool_102selfbooter-095.zip: this will install the 1.0.2 firmware including selfboot patch, you may need to install the provided selfboot tool update or manually overwrite bootdispi from the decrypted tool update for the selfboot feature to work.

PSPhtool_150plain-095.zip : Firmware 1.50 for tool with plain kernel prx module/config patch and no kexploit patch (kinda useless on devkit firmware, I know), do not forget to use the supplied kbooti.bin or it won't boot

PSPhtool_150plain_hybrid-095.zip: Firmware 1.50 for tool with plain kernel prx module/config patch and no kexploit patch and retail vsh. Do not forget to use the supplied kbooti.bin or it won't boot. Once I figure out a way to run a decrypted vshmain or reencrypt the existing one, I will be able to provide a version that also has DVD support (retail vsh does not have DVD support out of the box), because this is an hybrid firmware, this uses the devtool kernel, as such all debugging features do work as intended.

UPDATE 2019.11.20:

The following things have been added

* A patched psptool-1_0_2-selfboot_102.bin tool update has been provided, this overwrites bootdispi with the selfboot version (DOES NOT WORK ON PLAIN FIRMWARE,), version has been patched from 0.9.0 to 1.0.2 so you don't have to fiddle with the no version check toggle after a sys init on a DTP-T1000 (the original update is meant to be used on a DEM-1000 unit).

* A patched psptool-1_5_0_final_patched.bin has been provided, this flashes a hacked "1.5.1" version which enables the ftpd (for easy file transfers) and replaces kbooti.bin with the patched 1.00 version (will boot anything from 1.0.2 to 1.5.0 including firmware with plain modules in system software mode)

* PSPhtool_102downgrader_vsh_selfboot.zip: This is a heresy that should not exist, yet it does! This is the 1.0.2 update patched to both boot to vsh AND include the selfboot feature! (to use in conjunction with the selfboot hardware tool update)

* PSPhtool_103downgrader_plain-095.zip: the 1.0.3 downgrade with a patched loadcore to allow plain modules in the boot chain; as per usual use the supplied kbooti file.

* The "Experimental" folder contains the following updates all patched to allow plain modules:

- PSPhtool_102downgrader_vsh_plain-095.zip
- PSPhtool_102downgrader_vsh_selfboot_plain-095.zip
- PSPhtool_102selfbooter_plain-095.zip

The selfboot is currently unavailable unless someone (maybe me if I care?) patch the 1.0.2 selfboot bootdispi.bin to allow decrypted modules.

UPDATE 2019.11.21:

The following things have been changed

* psptool-1_5_0_final_patched.bin has been replaced by psptool-1_5_1_patched.bin: the new update contains the patched 1.5.0 kbooti instead of the 1.0.3 version (runs 1.50 and 1.52 firmware including plain module versions)

* psptool-1_0_3_patched.bin has been added and contains the patched 1.0.3 kbooti (runs 1.0.2 to 1.50 firmwares including plain module versions)

This lets people choose between the patched 1.0.3 and 1.5.0 kbooti. Both updates enable the ftpd on the devtool; as a result psptool-1_5_0_final_patched.bin is deprecated.

UPDATE 2020.01.13:

PSPhtool_150_unleashed-095.zip has been added, this is the ultimate 1.50 firmware for DTP-T1000 this allows the following:

- Decrypted modules allowed in (most of) the bootchain
- No kxploit required (you can run 1.00 and 1.50 homebrews alike)
- VSH/XMB unlocked with full categories available AND DVD Masterdiscs working. (This was done by patching the retail vsh and reencrypting/hashing it with kirk keys, you can finally use that pesky memory stick in the game category!).

UPDATE 2020.01.15:

PSPhtool_150_unleashed-095.zip has been deprecated and replaced by PSPhtool_150_unleashed-200.zip
This version replaces the patched loadcore.prx and modulemgr.prx which were previously in decrypted form into encrypted versions, as a result this firmware no longer requires the modified kbooti.bin to run and can boot using the vanilla 1.00 or 1.50 kbooti.bin if you so choose.

UPDATE 2020.05.16:

Added a 1.00 (1.0.3) unleashed version.

Last edited:

Tokimemofan

Registered
May 30, 2019
This is nice, we have relatively little prerelease material for the psp compared to the vita and ps3.

Freakler

not for sale
Registered
Jun 21, 2019
AG Join Date
Jul 16, 2016
downgrading works great, just tested! thanks!! :)

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
BUMP, Updated release (see original post)

Make a donation