PSX Desr-5000 beeping error

willemoke

Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
AGName
Willemoke
Hi there!

I'm looking for some help here.
I tried replacing the laser of my PSX console that I recently bought in Japan.
I replaced the ps2 laser with a laser from another ps2 console.
After assembling the console back together, the ribbon cable that is connected between the console and the front cover got loose.
The small blue part at the end of the ribbon cable fell off, causing the cable to get loose and ( i think ) that caused it to short somewhere.
I powered on the console and it gave me a solid red light, which it should, but at soon as I pressed it, the PSX started to loudly beep.

Now, everytime I connect the console to the power cable, it instantly starts beeping. No more red light by the power button. No lights whatsover, just a constant beeping sound.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and what should be replaced to fix this issue?

I saw someone on assemblergames with the same problem ( LINK HERE : https://assemblergames.com/threads/psx-desr-5100-problems-help.55364/), but so far I haven't found a sollution to this problem.

In the end I did find out the the PS2 laser was not faulty, so most likely the kws-200a laser is, which sucks, because that means I wrecked my console for no good reason whatsoever :(

Jackhead

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
So before you replace something the psx boots up fine? I first think aboud the hdd.

willemoke

Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
AGName
Willemoke
The psx booted up fire before I tried to replace the laser. It started giving me no lights that indicate that the console gets any power and it beeps when I connect it the power cable. Tried connecting and disconnecting the hdd, but it doesn't make a difference.

Make a donation