Ichisuke

Original poster
Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
Hi everyone. Hope someone can tell me what's wrong.
I have this 7502 PS1 that boots and works perfectly normal from a cold boot. I can play like 1 hour or more. If and only if I turn off the console after the play time and then I turn it back on the console won't boot at all. No sign of life. I have to wait for it to cool down a little. The PSU is perfectly fine since I tried 2 different ones. It's like there is something that when is in a cold state allow the console to start but when it's been used for some time and reach a warmer state and turned it off I have to wait to turn it back on again.
Also if I simply turn it on and off repeatedly when it's cold the console works just fine since it doesn't have time to get warm.
The board seems in pristine condition (as the shell too actually) and there is no mod whatsoever.
Some bad capacitor?

FrostWolf

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 11, 2020
Donations
£122.29
maybe its somenthing that has blown but is just barely holding on when its cold.

Ichisuke

Original poster
Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
maybe its somenthing that has blown but is just barely holding on when its cold.
I've disassembled the console again today (last time was months ago) and now I can notice leak under capacitor C601. What's that responsible for?

FrostWolf

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 11, 2020
Donations
£122.29
I've disassembled the console again today (last time was months ago) and now I can notice leak under capacitor C601. What's that responsible for?
that capacitor looks to be near the power connector so i assume its power related?

Ichisuke

Original poster
Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
good luck surface mounted capacitors can be a bit of a pain to remove
I usually use some solder on the two points until also the two soldered points detached.

Ichisuke

Original poster
Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
Changed that capacitor and nothing changed. I'll just leave the console as it is since it's working fine for now.

Make a donation