Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
layzee
AG Join Date
Aug 28, 2006
[2021 Update]
The user has been banned again.

The user has reappeared under a new eBay account: https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/coinso_20

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/planetnick72_electronics

If you sell games or other related tech software and hardware, be sure to add the username to your eBay buyer block list: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock

To further clarify the intention of this thread, it is to document and report on this individual's unreasonable buyer behaviour to relevant current and future sellers and to help them make an informed decision on how to deal with this buyer should they end up doing business with them. This thread and the discussion contained within is a direct result of and solely because of this individual's words and actions in the marketplace and if they wish to not receive any more negative publicity then they would be advised to cease their activities and/or modify how they do business with market actors (i.e. sellers).

If you ever plan on selling any game demo related discs like PlayStation demos or somewhat related things like game console utility discs and Game Shark/Action Replay discs, then you need to read this.

The summary is basically this: A buyer is going around on eBay, Amazon and probably other marketplaces, purchasing and paying for demo discs and related items. A few days after, they will open Item Not Received or Return cases while also sending you multiple wall of text emails. The contents of those emails are basically 1) You have no right selling game demos; 2) Please ship the items ASAP, 3) Please refund me in full ASAP; 4) If you don't do as I say, you will go to jail. For potentially many years, they have possibly been receiving free items and in addition, they may also be selling what they allegedly stole. If you search his username on Google, you will find his Amazon account, as well as complaints by other people regarding his behaviour (possible mental issues).

The relevant information regarding this buyer is as follows:

Name: Nicholas H. from California USA.
eBay username: planetnick72 ( https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=planetnick72 )
Thankfully, they were deregistered from eBay very recently. They have given many sellers many unjustified negative and neutral feedback in the past - these feedback have been wiped since their deregistering. Even the positive feedback itself they have given to sellers are suspect. Their previous username was sarge1260.

As for me, I had nothing to lose because I delayed shipping their items due to detecting fishy manner/acting from them. Then I tried to talk some sense into him/entertain him. What I got back was pure insanity as shown below. In the end, I got bored of his repetitive talking points. Note also that he had a separate PayPal case opened at the same time. While this case was ongoing, it seemed like even eBay was tired of him so he became Not A Registered User. Finally, I was also in contact with another seller (found via negative feedback) who was also dealing with the same issues at the same exact time so he was obviously trying to scam multiple people at the same time.

So if in the future, you end up selling a demo disc to a Nicholas from California that behaves in a similar manner: don't ship the item and do report him. Eat the possible negative feedback. Better to get a negative feedback than to get a negative PLUS lose your item/money.

planetnick72.jpg

Last edited:

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Thanks for giving the community the heads up. Sounds like a real piece of work

Vindios

Donator
Donator
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£20.00
AGName
Vindios
AG Join Date
Apr 12, 2019
I love how there grammar and reasoning got even worse the longer the conversation went on. And them saying that S O N Y will take down all of Ebay because people are selling demo disks for out of date PlayStation consoles is just ?.

dj898

Jun 1, 2019
what.is.it.
AGName
dj898
AG Join Date
I never care for the negative feedback. I sell my sh!t and take their money. And soon as I got the money it's transferred and/or cashed out plus I never ever link my actual account/card/etc. with Paypal or eBay to start with. Few times some ass tried to pull the scam then I just left the Paypal account behind and open the new one to continue. :p

yeeted

Aug 6, 2019
I sold this guy a graphics card a month or two ago and was baffled by his antics, so every now and then I google his name to see if anything new has happened with him. I noticed his account got removed. This thread is new, so I registered just to post here.

Backstory: the card was a Geforce 256, clearly listed as "Tested working, missing heatsink". These old cards put out so little heat that many didn't even ship with a heatsink, so it's fairly safe to run it without one for testing as long as you have some airflow. I had pictures of the card working in my test bench. I mailed it out, and a few days after the delivery confirmation he sent me the first message. He claimed there was thermal paste under the GPU, and thus it was broken so clearly this meant I needed to refund him without him sending it back!

He did end up returning the item and I refunded him. The card worked fine, and I sold it to someone else a couple weeks later who left positive feedback saying it worked as expected.

I looked into his listings more and he had common parts listed for thousands of dollars, some of which you can still find cached on Google. He claimed that he was an Nvidia developer who created special drivers for MS-DOS games or something. I attached a screenshot of a GT 610 he was selling for $1900 as an example. He also has some pretty hilarious Amazon reviews, including one where he seriously seemed to believe a joke video about upgrading DVDs to Blu-Ray with a sharpie: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1M9PNTMX9KKD

I reported Nick to ebay, so it appears I'm not the only one who did!
nick.jpgnick2.jpg

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
I like how politely he ends his messages, even though they contain on average 500 exclamation marks.

layzee

Original poster
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
layzee
AG Join Date
Aug 28, 2006
I sold this guy a graphics card a month or two ago and was baffled by his antics, so every now and then I google his name to see if anything new has happened with him. I noticed his account got removed. This thread is new, so I registered just to post here.

Thanks for sharing your experience. If you were able to find my thread only days after being posted, then you must be one of many sellers this guy tried to screw with. I can count the number of weird/crazy/not-quite-right buyers with one hand (maybe two hands at worst), but this Nick fellow is a special one, a very special one and by far the worst. I shouldn't devote any more time to him or this thread but you know what they say about train wrecks and car crashes.

Anyway, it seems the scam attempts also extend to computer hardware in general. His modus operandi seems to be that he nitpicks anything flaw or defect he can find, no matter how remote, to force a refund while keeping the item. That is of course in addition to the aforementioned accusing sellers of committing the high crime of selling demo discs for obsolete systems that nobody cares about, not even the copyright holder.

While he is taking a forced break from eBay, it seems like he has recently been active on Amazon, submitting an near incomprehensible product review. Amazon are dragging their heels on taking any action. Other Amazon sellers have already reported him in the past. Anyway, there's some good reading material there. For example:

• He really hates GameSharks. He also hates piracy. Okay, but who even uses them to pirate anymore? And you threaten buyers and sellers of GameSharks with class action lawsuits? You and what army?
  • He bought yummy wafers. He ate the yummy wafers on a lazy Sunday afternoon. He wants a refund. Because... reasons?
  • He has two puppies. I sincerely hope that he is competent in taking care of and raising dependents.
  • Here's a weird one: what does the concepts of physically disability, mental disability, and discrimination have to do with PlayStation Action Replay devices? I cannot see the connection/logic.
  • Finally, back in 2017, he open implies that he bought (verified purchase) a PS2 Action Replay to do "shady" stuff (run homebrew, and worse). He waxes lyrical and in delight regarding what he does with it. By his own moral standards, should he not put himself in jail? Something happened around this time. He went from loving Action Replays/GameSharks to hating them. My best guess: he saw the light and became a born-again copyright and intellectual property lawyer. Born-agains are almost always the most zealous.

EvanSki

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience. If you were able to find my thread only days after being posted, then you must be one of many sellers this guy tried to screw with. I can count the number of weird/crazy/not-quite-right buyers with one hand (maybe two hands at worst), but this Nick fellow is a special one, a very special one and by far the worst. I shouldn't devote any more time to him or this thread but you know what they say about train wrecks and car crashes.

Anyway, it seems the scam attempts also extend to computer hardware in general. His modus operandi seems to be that he nitpicks anything flaw or defect he can find, no matter how remote, to force a refund while keeping the item. That is of course in addition to the aforementioned accusing sellers of committing the high crime of selling demo discs for obsolete systems that nobody cares about, not even the copyright holder.

While he is taking a forced break from eBay, it seems like he has recently been active on Amazon, submitting an near incomprehensible product review. Amazon are dragging their heels on taking any action. Other Amazon sellers have already reported him in the past. Anyway, there's some good reading material there. For example:

• He really hates GameSharks. He also hates piracy. Okay, but who even uses them to pirate anymore? And you threaten buyers and sellers of GameSharks with class action lawsuits? You and what army?
  • He bought yummy wafers. He ate the yummy wafers on a lazy Sunday afternoon. He wants a refund. Because... reasons?
  • He has two puppies. I sincerely hope that he is competent in taking care of and raising dependents.
  • Here's a weird one: what does the concepts of physically disability, mental disability, and discrimination have to do with PlayStation Action Replay devices? I cannot see the connection/logic.
  • Finally, back in 2017, he open implies that he bought (verified purchase) a PS2 Action Replay to do "shady" stuff (run homebrew, and worse). He waxes lyrical and in delight regarding what he does with it. By his own moral standards, should he not put himself in jail? Something happened around this time. He went from loving Action Replays/GameSharks to hating them. My best guess: he saw the light and became a born-again copyright and intellectual property lawyer. Born-agains are almost always the most zealous.

He bricked is Playstation doing something stupid and blames the gameshark, when someone told him its the shark he blamed every one that pirates games, thus this guys new persona was born

PopetherevXXVIII

Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
What a coo coo clock

I do have a psych background when I'm not on my Phone I'll go though everything and see if I can figure out what's wrong with him

x1z36x

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Xzx123
AG Join Date
Mar 19, 2013
I haven't taken the time to read every wall of text, but it is pretty clear that this guy's caregiver needs to be contacted regarding what he's been doing.

Tyree_Cooper

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
Tyree_Cooper
AG Join Date
Jun 29, 2009
Bad grammar and syntax overload, eyes bleeding, is this guy even a native English speaker?

Tokimemofan

Registered
May 30, 2019
What stupid irony that the last 2 feedback he left he openly admitted that he bought 1: Windows XP MSDN media, and 2: Windows XP RC2. The same type of non retail discs he crusades against.

Reactions: Project2319

Wiznyatt

Jul 1, 2020
I'm here to share my experience and perhaps add a bit of context. I am an Amazon and eBay seller and had some contact with this person in May of 2020. I've owned a retail video game store for about 13 years now and have been selling on eBay and Amazon since we opened. The person referred to in this thread actually contacted me by phone to first ask if we carried any PC games. I apologize as this happened some time back and I can't remember all the details of our conversation but he was wondering about older PC games and he asked for a couple of specific titles. We only have a handful of random early 2000s PC titles and none were the ones that he had asked about. He made some references to our Amazon store so I knew that's how he found us. The guy must have looked at our website because he then started to ask about the services that we provide. He then asked who gave me authorization to repair Xbox consoles and I said "nobody". Next he explained that I should cease doing repairs for consoles as the repairs were being done unlawfully without authorization from the manufacturers. I was pretty amused since I don't think anyone is officially authorized to fix Microsoft products but I didn't want to upset him so I didn't say much in reply. He then asked me multiple times if I understood the implications and I said yes but I was getting pretty irritated at this point. The conversation was only for about 5 minutes and while I really wanted to tell him off I figured if someone was willing to call my business to inform me of my "unlawful repairs" then he'd certainly be willing to contact Microsoft ad nauseum. Funny, he never purchased anything from us so we didn't have to deal with any returns as many others have but I feel somewhat honored to have spoken with this infamous eBay and Amazon user. The reason why I only now posted is that I was looking through my e-mails through our website and there was one from him! I'm not sure if he called because I hadn't replied but I thought it was pretty amusing. I've attached the e-mail with the important parts removed. I have a link to an Amazon thread that I'll share that includes a bit of his personal info but I'd ask that you don't harass this person. While the posts paint him as a scammer I think that he generally believes what he is saying is true and after my brief conversation with him I believe that he's probably on the spectrum or possibly delusional or schizophrenic. I'm not a doctor so I apologize if I'm using any of these terms out of context I mean no disrespect to anyone with a mental disorder, I just want it to be known that I don't think he's completely normal.

Here's the Amazon thread: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/anybody-seen-this-one-before/336049

I look forward to your replies. :)

Attachments

• stoprepairing.jpg
    stoprepairing.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 0

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Obviously a very disturbed individual deserving of a welfare check.

layzee

Original poster
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
layzee
AG Join Date
Aug 28, 2006
I'm here to share my experience and perhaps add a bit of context. I am an Amazon and eBay seller and had some contact with this person in May of 2020.

May this year? Clearly the banning of his eBay account last year has not given him any hints on regulating his behaviour.

Thanks for adding your experiences to this thread here. It is increasingly evident that this guy is making and has made quite an impression on many people. And a not very good one.

The person referred to in this thread actually contacted me by phone

Just curious, does he sound as unhinged as he types? I'd be very amused if he is the complete opposite in voice (e.g. calm, collected, friendly etc).

While the posts paint him as a scammer I think that he generally believes what he is saying is true and after my brief conversation with him I believe that he's probably on the spectrum or possibly delusional or schizophrenic. I'm not a doctor so I apologize if I'm using any of these terms out of context I mean no disrespect to anyone with a mental disorder, I just want it to be known that I don't think he's completely normal.

I think I can agree that he believes what he says, and at the very least, he has cognitive dissonance - he sells or used to sell the very thing he derides others for selling. If this was a simple case of scam activity, then it's probably more lucrative to target high-risk items like iPhones or something. His holy crusade against third-party gaming software and merchandise sounds very personal so he is more than a scammer and more than a troll.

Obviously a very disturbed individual deserving of a welfare check.

Since Corona happened, he probably is getting (more) welfare payments. Now that he is stuck at home with plenty of time and money, I expect this thread to continue to grow (unfortunately).

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
I was referring to a mental welfare check ;)

Now this reads weird to me. A wellness check? A forced psychological evaluation by police?

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
To be frank, he's probably on the spectrum somewhere. This is only anecdotal, but ages ago we owned a trading card store, and one customer's son was in his 30's and had severe mental handicaps. He was a nice guy though and quite harmless. Unfortunately, for whatever the reason, he had this thing about dialing 911 and making wild statements and quasi-threats. The parents had to disconnect their phones, as the local police were pricks about the situation and wanted him charged. Anyway, again it's anecdotal, but I would bet more on diminished mental capacity vs. some type of schizophrenia. He probably cannot comprehend what he's actually doing but is fixated on certain things, such as "piracy and game repair." Or he just might be the biggest buffoon troll I've ever read about.

Make a donation