Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

qdi advance 5/133 (pc motherboard)

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
before 9 months i receive for free an old motherboard than will suit me for dos gaming. a qdi advance 5/133 the motherboard was working good. i decide to upgrade its prosessor and have bought a slocket (slot to socket conector) my mistake didnt see the new sloket had 2 badly damaged capacitors. i had make a lot swaps to this new slocket and the old slot. now i have this problem if ps/2 mouse is inserted the mouse will acting crazy resulting in lockup, even in bios. if the mouse is inserted as usb the mouse will work ok. the 3d games will go real slow motion. now what is casing those issues? did i blow an smd capacitor-resistor-fuse? or the northbridge it self

NeC5552

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
NeC5552
AG Join Date
Nov 24, 2013
I would try an normal Slot 1 CPU (i.e anything in the Pentium 2 range and early Katmai core based P3) and see if that helps. I'm willing to say the culprit is the damaged caps on the slotket.

Another thing you could try is replacing the slotket if you can find another one.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i have a normal and it used to play not anymore. i found the problem. is 2 shorted mosfets. and i need to dry the motherboard of the moisture. maybe the moisture short inside the layers and burn the mosfets. but after drying i will recap it and change the mosfets too. hope it will be fixed

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
late update new mosfets + recap and my retro mb is working. only one issue left the mouse ps/2 port is either not recognice mouse or the mouse will work strange and result in system freeze. but i have a suspect is an smd capacitor

Attachments

• 2020-01-25 21.41.08.jpg
    2020-01-25 21.41.08.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Make a donation