Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Re-Volt Rip CDDA: only plays track 1

Obibann

Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm currently creating my own Re-Volt CD-R backup on dreamcast, from a working GDI.
I used lazyboot to create an image with CDDA, and at the end of the process I have an image with 14 CDDA tracks on session 1 and my data track on session 2.
The game launches correctly and is playable. However the only audio track that is played is the first one (the one from the menu, which plays well).
During races, a random (or maybe level related audio track) should be played. But the only track that plays is track 1.
I tested the disc in audio player, I can play all 14 audio tracks.

I downloaded a Re-Volt CDI from the Internet, and the tracks play well. The structure of the disc is the same as my backup, however 1ST_READ.BIN and IP.BIN are different, but I suspect it's because the CDI is from USA and mine is PAL.

Even if a CDI is available, I'd like to understand what happens, for future ripps but also because I would like to backup my game (PAL version).

Thank you,
Regards.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I have the same issue with sega rally 2...
It's a wince game, I guess the cdi repack method is different.

ShindouGo

Dec 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm currently creating my own Re-Volt CD-R backup on dreamcast, from a working GDI.
I used lazyboot to create an image with CDDA, and at the end of the process I have an image with 14 CDDA tracks on session 1 and my data track on session 2.
The game launches correctly and is playable. However the only audio track that is played is the first one (the one from the menu, which plays well).
During races, a random (or maybe level related audio track) should be played. But the only track that plays is track 1.
I tested the disc in audio player, I can play all 14 audio tracks.

I downloaded a Re-Volt CDI from the Internet, and the tracks play well. The structure of the disc is the same as my backup, however 1ST_READ.BIN and IP.BIN are different, but I suspect it's because the CDI is from USA and mine is PAL.

Even if a CDI is available, I'd like to understand what happens, for future ripps but also because I would like to backup my game (PAL version).

Thank you,
Regards.
this is normal, you need to patch your 1st_read.bin so that it recognizes the audio tracks. You have to use Darkfalz software called CDDAPatcher

Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
@megavolt85 shared with me a patch version for segarally 2 but I still have the same issue, only the 1st cdda is played...
The cdda patcher, patch the 1ST_READ.BIN ?
Would you please give a shot if you have time ?

Make a donation