Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Recent events & OG's future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this has been a messy few months. for those that didn't know, Morphic took over OG in December after I (Damien) was repeatedly attacked by people posting claims that could be proven false. (More on that later)

Around 10 days ago information was sent to me that one of OG's former staff, MrPinball64, who was demoted in December was infact a known scammer. The stress from dealing with this lead to Moprhic quitting OG and things I'd rather not going into happened. He gave two choices, Let OG burn or make me take it back until another owner can be found. OG will not be sold, it'll only go to a group that's proven to be trusted and does preservation without drama. If nothing suitable is found it'll remain online as is with just the staff managing. The server's are fully paid for over a year and the site will not close. It will however be forced to change.

Upon being given OG back I took staff approved steps of banning him from here, and the Discord. Enough information was provided so we agreed best to ban. This however has resulted in another glaring issue, People posting constant baseless claims about both users & OG's staff. From now on any claims must have concreate evidence supplied. OG will not step into "offsite" matters from now on unless it harms us.

Prime examples of baseless claims can be such that I've been accused of scamming and stealing OG's users information. This was never the case and a TL;DR spoiler has more info.
In March a group of 10 PS3 kits was sold for £1100, this included a single PS2 TEST KIT.

Around this time my home was flooded, it caused major damage to my home and belows. Everything was stored safely, nothing was ever damaged. Due to the flood I agreed to look after their friends dog upon help them repair any damage to their home, this was roughly June and unknown to me this Dog was disabled, It piss, shit everywhere, it ripped carpets, damaged furniture and terrified my cats. The stress from this lead to me having to take me time, I explained to buyers who said this is fine.

During this time I was hunting for free boxes, I have no car/transport so I'm stuck. It's over 1 mile to the closest shop and due to Covid they wouldn't give free ones. I didn't want buyers to fork out for a £5 box when I could get them free.

I should also mention, I had to dump/decrypt each kit and do data recovery/upload images/data.

Three kits were shipped on the 8th of July. Me and staff paid the postage costs in full this was £112.15/$157USD I never got a real thanks for this. The UK has been in lockdown most of this time, we get fined if we go out and I wasn't walking 1mile+ with peoples valuables.

A month later, on 22nd of September I shipped another kit it cost me again £16.47 out of pocket. that makes 4 kits shipped, The next in line was EdTheNerd, the UK then went into lockdown again. We've been in and out of it since which is when I got bad news, my mother is sick and on top of this my grandmother is dying of cancer, I told Ed there'd be more delays but instead of showing care he moaned in private and never spoke to me direct. This is where I was then accused of scamming, I leaked some builds as I was upset which I shouldn't have this was later resolved with the user Xe posting I hadn't scammed.
1613755169755.png

In late December, while still being in lockdown MrPinball64 sent me a passworded GoldenEye XBLA build, I can't remember exactly what happened but I was attacked/doxxed by people and I got extremely upset, I leaked the passworded build and left. Ed again got pissy as no kit, I refunded him £105 which he hasn't told people. He posted this in a private Discord channel proving I had refunded him, he made no mentions elsewhere resulting in people accusing me of being a scammer.
1613755299458.png
He profited £5.

I then google'd a users info which had been sent to me on AG, they were using hacked info and being upset I logged into their account to prove they didn't listen to our own advice, do not reuse passwords, use 2FA. One was reported to the FBI for illegal things found offsite.

I know I done wrong things, but I never once abused OG's user information. I'm sorry if you feel betrayed. All IP's are in INET_NTOA format, Passwords are encrypted using BCRYPT. I've never scammed. I've never taken donations for personal gain. I've failed you yes, but I'll be gone again as soon as a replacement is found. If no replacement is found OG will run with it's current staff making all decisions. The bills are paid, OG will not close.

Another example of baseless claims was made by Shane Battye claiming a user was MrPinball64 and the OG staff share accounts, this has not and will not ever be the case. (The account I'm posting on was made by Morphic to do backend upgrades he couldn't it never had user access etc until he left. ) Shane's baseless attacks are based on a user saying "aha" yet with a little research he could find out the user was real, Shane had the users address and mobile number from transactions, could verify it wasn't the banned user. OG has a zero policy on scammers and will never bend to demands by them. OG also has never had shared staff accounts, and to show this we recorded the admin panel showing MrPinball64 is infact banned and no secret staff accounts exist.
https://youtu.be/mpHU9t0Ec3k

From now on OG will be forced to ban any users posting baseless claims, although this is be based upon any evidence provided. Baseless claims can cause real life harm as Shane is fully aware of now. I honestly feel both of you should apologize to each other and you should apologise to those you accused without evidence.

Now, onto privacy, many of you maybe still worried which is why I installed a new feature, PM/Conversation encryption. You can now encrypt your PM's and for 7 days your message will be cached with a key, if you lose the key, you lose the message simple as. The key once exchanged with the user it's sent to will then be purged from the database.

1613758052413.png

1613758080226.png
You, and the party you sent to will get this screen on first message.

If you enter the wrong key/lose it you will see this,
1613758128507.png

Back in September OG became a company/online museum. Sadly due to the baseless claims/attacks this is ruined now. This is costing me hundreds in taxes.

Going over feedback, it seems users feel the site is too cluttered I decided to condense most sections or make them subforums, this means you will have to select a prefix to find content.

Back when Morphic took over he also asked me to kill sub projects, i.e the assembler archive. The server is gone now and there is no intentions of bringing these projects back. Backups were also destroyed upon request.

Regarding Group Buys, these will no longer be happening. With peoples attitude and lack of care no staff are willing to do. Which reminds me, the 2.0 saturn buy was completed, the one also MrPinball64 messed up.. Discs are being shipped any time and tracking is sent to staff. Data will be released whenever they arrive and are dumped.

If you have any questions, please ask or a member of staff will reply.

Digmac

OG Staff
Staff member
OG Staff
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 23, 2020
AGName
Digmac
AG Join Date
August 19, 2013
I hate what has become of this community and scene. I left for a reason, and I'm glad I've never come back to it. When I helped to make OG from the downfall of AG, I didn't want the community to turn into absolute shit like this, otherwise I would have never wanted OG to be a thing. Assembler was my home base for a good while and it was enjoyable. This site is nothing of the sort. Just roll the entire forum back to when we first made it, Damien. When Morphic whoever wasn't even a blip on the radar. It's better that way.

Reactions: XBOX and FamilyGuy

Damien

Please note I no longer work for OG.
Original poster
Jan 2, 2021
I hate what has become of this community and scene. I left for a reason, and I'm glad I've never come back to it. When I helped to make OG from the downfall of AG, I didn't want the community to turn into absolute shit like this, otherwise I would have never wanted OG to be a thing. Assembler was my home base for a good while and it was enjoyable. This site is nothing of the sort. Just roll the entire forum back to when we first made it, Damien. When Morphic whoever wasn't even a blip on the radar. It's better that way.

Sadly unable too, I'm just the "care taker" now. After Morphic left due to the same reasons that forced me out, until one of the other staff are willing to stand up and take the site it's going to be as is. The only changes would be bringing back disabled addons or making sure there's security updates.

Bills are paid for a year, I'll least make sure the site doesn't go down but other than that I'm done.

OG's goal was never to be AG 2.0, it was always to focus on video games and presrevation. We started an actual museum in 2020, although it was online only due to funding but the jerks that cause the issues and attack ruined that. 60TB+ of game history is lost because of these people.

I warned, but people honestly do not read anymore. The amount of times I have to tell people to read annoucements or to read rules is disturbing.

This movie is becoming more true,

I personally cannot take the stress of running this site anymore. Which is why I left.. until Morphic left due to these same people.

Xboxfan224

Registered
Jan 24, 2021
I've always hated seeing beta communities die because of degenerate people. I wish there was some way I could help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make a donation