AG Refugee Retro Brony
Original poster
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
sonicdude10
AG Join Date
Jan 17, 2012
Not sure if we even have a proper forum for this topic so I am putting it here. IF one gets created at some point then feel free to move and delete this first line.

Care to share recent purchases you have made with us? Here's mine from the day this was posted. Prices are USD and do not include any shipping or taxes. (If there are any. Some didn't have either.)

TPLink AC1200 router $40
Amazon product

RAVPower FileHub Travel Router AC750 $60
Amazon product

Team Sonic Racing $40

Last edited:

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
nothing special , just 17 memory cards for the PSP @£20 for the lot

• Wow
Reactions: Frogger and Pinta77

SuperH

Registered
May 30, 2019
Just now, couple of Yahoo Japan pickups, won for ¥9,500 each

HITACHI S1 テープ版 サラダの国のトマト姫 ハドソン 動作未確認

HITACHI S1 テープ版 NUTS&MILK 動作未確認 箱破れあり

karlmartin95

May 31, 2019
I collect old PCs, so I found this NEC V20 PC on the street last week. This is my last acquisition (free in this case). I love native programming in old x86 CPUs.

bmhkxn54zd131.jpg

wheelaa

Marty fan
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
wheelaa
AG Join Date
12 April 2005
Those S1 games are sweet indeed.

Reactions: SuperH

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I just got “Off Beat Racer” for the Hyper Neo 64. That was the last game I needed to complete a full set for the Hyper

Seroczynski

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Seroczynski
AG Join Date
Jun 30, 2016
Last month I decided to treat myself :) Got these!
  • PSIO incl. a 512GB SD card
  • SEGA Saturn Skeleton Controller
  • OSSC 1.6
  • 40 GameBoy (classic) games

Reactions: SuperH

Nemesis

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Nemesis
AG Join Date
Mar 22, 2007
I recently got this (not my actual one, but someone else's for illustration purposes):
ci-141122090504-960.jpg

It's an Enduro Racer arcade boardset. Paid about $100 more for it than I wanted to, but it's hard to find and it was up high on my wish list so I decided to go for it. I still paid about $150 less than it probably would have gone for on an open ebay auction so I can't complain too much.

Nemesis

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Nemesis
AG Join Date
Mar 22, 2007
I collect old PCs, so I found this NEC V20 PC on the street last week. This is my last acquisition (free in this case). I love native programming in old x86 CPUs.

bmhkxn54zd131.jpg
Awesome, good score! I used to have a huge amount of old PC hardware, but I let almost all of it go over a decade ago now. I wish I'd held onto the 8080 though, and the Exidy Sorcerer hardware got binned by mistake, which I regret. This stuff can take up a lot of space though, I needed to reclaim the garage!

Reactions: Ashevent

Ashevent

May 31, 2019
Super happy to finally have snagged these. Red is CIB and blue is sealed. Both good price, heck I got blue sealed for less than any open one on eBay now. Not that these are super expensive or anything but still, I love a bargain! I just don't know of any Xbox games that look better together, plus it's a pretty fun Shmup. IMG_8850.jpg

Frogger

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
FuckinFrog
AG Join Date
Jun 16, 2017
Just this since it contains multiple beta demos of games that I enjoy. :)
I snagged it for really cheap so I can't complain.JPEG_20190608_111917.jpg

Vindios

Donator
Donator
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£20.00
AGName
Vindios
AG Join Date
Apr 12, 2019

I love the old Xbox 360 faceplates, and I got lucky with finding these for cheep recently.

Reactions: Galdius

FromAllAspects

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
Finally got some more PlayStation Portable games for my collection. I'm nowhere near a complete library. Hahaha.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Reactions: Traace and Ashevent

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
Just picked up these two for $18 cdn. Buddy also had blue green and black Controller S's, might go back, lol. I just want to get an OG Xbox setup going, before today all I had was a console and component cables. I think it'll look badass hooked up to my HD CRT

yEFlhNx.jpg

DeChief

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
DeChief, Durandal
AG Join Date
Sometime in 2014?

bmhkxn54zd131.jpg

Hey, me too! Kind of... it wasn't free but I was at a collector friend's house recently and convinced him to give me this Tandy 1000 SX for $50 AUD, it's not like he was ever going to do anything with it anyway. Here's what I've done with it so far:
  • Completely disassembled it and cleaned every part thoroughly (the plastic case needed a lot of scrubbing with a rough sponge and some Ajax)
  • Cleaned and lubricated the 360KB 5.25" floppy drive
  • Installed a 720KB 3.5" floppy drive
  • Installed an XT-IDE ISA card with a compact flash adapter and 2GB card, loaded with IBM PC JDOS/6.22, booting in English mode
  • Loaded the CF card with a bunch of my favourite XT-class MDA, CGA, and Tandy/PC Jr. graphics games
  • Bought a keyboard from the USA for literally 3 times the price of the Tandy itself
  • Disassembled and cleaned the keyboard thoroughly (took way too long, but worth it because of how sticky the keys were)
  • Made a CGA cable to use the Tandy with my new Philips CM8833 monitor (it uses a 8-pin DIN connector for digital RGB)
And it was totally worth it. I think it turned out really great, and it might even be able to fit on my desk next to my modern PC and full retro console set, since the Philips CRT has PAL composite and SCART RGB inputs for all of them - Ijust need an NTSC to PAL converter for my NES since I don't think I want to spend the money for an RGB mod kit at the moment.

Here are some before and after photos of the case. A lot of it was dirt, but there were also a number of deep black marks all over the damn thing... I managed to get rid of the vast majority of them:

Here's the instagram post I put up earlier today:

karlmartin95

May 31, 2019
Hey, me too! Kind of... it wasn't free but I was at a collector friend's house recently and convinced him to give me this Tandy 1000 SX for $50 AUD, it's not like he was ever going to do anything with it anyway. Here's what I've done with it so far:
  • Completely disassembled it and cleaned every part thoroughly (the plastic case needed a lot of scrubbing with a rough sponge and some Ajax)
  • Cleaned and lubricated the 360KB 5.25" floppy drive
  • Installed a 720KB 3.5" floppy drive
  • Installed an XT-IDE ISA card with a compact flash adapter and 2GB card, loaded with IBM PC JDOS/6.22, booting in English mode
  • Loaded the CF card with a bunch of my favourite XT-class MDA, CGA, and Tandy/PC Jr. graphics games
  • Bought a keyboard from the USA for literally 3 times the price of the Tandy itself
  • Disassembled and cleaned the keyboard thoroughly (took way too long, but worth it because of how sticky the keys were)
  • Made a CGA cable to use the Tandy with my new Philips CM8833 monitor (it uses a 8-pin DIN connector for digital RGB)
And it was totally worth it. I think it turned out really great, and it might even be able to fit on my desk next to my modern PC and full retro console set, since the Philips CRT has PAL composite and SCART RGB inputs for all of them - Ijust need an NTSC to PAL converter for my NES since I don't think I want to spend the money for an RGB mod kit at the moment.

Here are some before and after photos of the case. A lot of it was dirt, but there were also a number of deep black marks all over the damn thing... I managed to get rid of the vast majority of them:

Here's the instagram post I put up earlier today:

Wow! Congratulations! You made a very good work returning this retro pc to life! And good price too

Make a donation