Another fundraiser..

This fundraiser is multiple lots we have been offered for our museum, most of these are extremely early systems, and many contain unreleased games and history that would other wise be lost.

The goal for this is split into groups, we have awhile to sort this one and lots would be paid as funded. The total includes paypal fee's added and shipping costs included excluding taxes, we put 10% as we're often charged different rates depending on donators locations.
Goal
£3,570.00
Received
£1,166.36
Latest donor
MSX MSX
32%
Custom LBP Developer PS3 containing multiple unreleased games, and multiple alpha builds.
£1,300.00
An early prototype PlayStation 3 dev Kit, in an early shell design which includes a disc filled with build(s? exact contents unknown)
£1,230.00
Misc Nintendo systems.
£500.00
The above prices doesn't include paypal fees, please see goal amount for total with 10% added for fee's we're charged.
£0.00
Expenses
Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

XBOX [RELEASE] Lamborghini & Re-Volt (August 2002) - Public Xbox Live Beta Test Discs

FR0ZN

Original poster
Registered
Jan 14, 2020
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
Hi all,

soooo ... here it finally is!

Microsoft sent out Debug Kits and a bunch of games, some time around 2002, for people to test Xbox Live all across the world for several weeks / months.
Testers were asked to ship the consoles back, but were allowed to keep the discs.
I managed to track down a person who was a Tester back in the day and still has the discs - he goes by the name TB.

Lamborghini.jpg Re-Volt.jpg

After a lot of talk and a deep dive into the past, we got to know each other a bit and TB kindly agreed to share these discs with us.
I prepared and sent a Kreon drive to him, so he could create dumps of the discs by the Redump standard, which are currently being verified.

Unfortunately we weren't able to make the games work on xemu.
We tried everything we could think of, like all possible debug BIOSes, several default.xbe patches, different configs, older xemu builds etc. - nothing helped.
Xemu just freezes on the Xbox Logo on both discs.

We know that at least Lamborghini works, because we saw @Borman on Twitter playing it on xemu - maybe he can shed some light on the matter 🙏:

It is TB's deepest wish to play these games again, so it would be awesome if the community could help him (and everyone else) out and get these games to work on xemu and real hardware.

Thank you all and we hope you enjoy these games being finally released after 20 years ! 🥳

Last edited:

FR0ZN

Original poster
Registered
Jan 14, 2020
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
To our current knowledge, these discs only work on Live Beta kits - they look like this:

2q6k6a689of61.png

k6k0E.jpg

Does anyone by chance, happen to have one of these?

Sorry for the tripple post btw 🙏

Last edited:

Edness

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
Donations
£16.22
The XBEs in these two builds use entirely different XOR keys to mask the entrypoint and kernel image address that don't match the known Retail and Debug keys. After screwing with it for a bit we worked out the keys that up until now seem to have been unknown. These keys are 0xE682F45B and 0x46437DCD respectively.
I've also updated the Xbox Dev Wiki to list these Xbox Live Beta keys as well.

The XBEs have been patched with both Debug and Retail XOR keys, and both seem to work as expected. They can be downloaded here:
https://mega.nz/file/TIJByZTB#h1H7mLSLV1cVrA9yuJfHb0VluD354hRq_nJ_VdD5jaY

Edit: the dashupdate that comes with Lamborghini will (unsurprisingly) drop a few more XBEs - xboxdash & xonlinedash - which also use these Beta keys that'll need to be patched. In case anyone's curious, @JustAnyone tested this dash and it turns out it's just the 1st public Live dash 1.00.4920.1, nothing too interesting.
Screenshot_2022-05-17_11-45-27.png

Last edited:

FR0ZN

Original poster
Registered
Jan 14, 2020
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
Awesome work from Edness and jason098 !

I can also confirm, that Lamborghini works on 64MB of RAM, which should allow even more people to play this game now!

Doing my tests on Re-Volt currently.

EDIT: Re-Volt works on 64MB RAM as well - unfortunatly the build only seems to be playable on Xbox Live, so I didn't manage to get in game :(

Last edited:

Borman

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 31, 2018
Very cool. The one I had was either pre-patched or not from a Beta Live kit. I actually shared a beta live game to a person or two years ago with the hopes they would patch them to work on retail, but no one ever took a look. For what it's worth, Ive never actually owned a Lambo disc, which was part of the issue. Cool stuff, the patch information is important!

FR0ZN

Original poster
Registered
Jan 14, 2020
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
Very cool. The one I had was either pre-patched or not from a Beta Live kit. I actually shared a beta live game to a person or two years ago with the hopes they would patch them to work on retail, but no one ever took a look. For what it's worth, Ive never actually owned a Lambo disc, which was part of the issue. Cool stuff, the patch information is important!

Can you create a sfv (checksum file) of the files in your build?
We could compare the builds and see if only the executables are different or if there are more mismatches.

There is also this guy, who seems to play a build on a modded retail system, he had to sign a NDA for:

So he either patched it (either by himself or someone else) - or there was indeed another build of that game, because @Edness also had another theory about the disc, shown in the picture in the first post.

1652551317647.png

Last edited:

Borman

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 31, 2018
Most of the people with the build Ive had access to likely got it from the same source, or at least it came from the same initial source. It's been floating around for a long time. The patched (retail)( XBEs seem to match, so it is likely the same build, just was patched 15+ years ago with no one saying what was done or how.

Beta Live discs were mastered for different territories and werent cross compatible/were region locked.

There are also likely retail silver discs existing for this, having seen save files on a Microsoft-retail test kit.

Reactions: FR0ZN

FR0ZN

Original poster
Registered
Jan 14, 2020
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
Most of the people with the build Ive had access to likely got it from the same source, or at least it came from the same initial source. It's been floating around for a long time. The patched (retail)( XBEs seem to match, so it is likely the same build, just was patched 15+ years ago with no one saying what was done or how.

Beta Live discs were mastered for different territories and werent cross compatible/were region locked.

There are also likely retail silver discs existing for this, having seen save files on a Microsoft-retail test kit.
Thanks for letting us know 🙏
Is it cool if you spread the word on your Twitter to let people know the build is available now?

I saw in your comments, that people are still hoping for a release.

Reactions: XBOX

Borman

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 31, 2018
He knew about it before I did. It’ll manage just fine

Reactions: FR0ZN

Another fundraiser..

This fundraiser is multiple lots we have been offered for our museum, most of these are extremely early systems, and many contain unreleased games and history that would other wise be lost.

The goal for this is split into groups, we have awhile to sort this one and lots would be paid as funded. The total includes paypal fee's added and shipping costs included excluding taxes, we put 10% as we're often charged different rates depending on donators locations.
Goal
£3,570.00
Received
£1,166.36
Latest donor
MSX MSX
32%
Custom LBP Developer PS3 containing multiple unreleased games, and multiple alpha builds.
£1,300.00
An early prototype PlayStation 3 dev Kit, in an early shell design which includes a disc filled with build(s? exact contents unknown)
£1,230.00
Misc Nintendo systems.
£500.00
The above prices doesn't include paypal fees, please see goal amount for total with 10% added for fee's we're charged.
£0.00
Expenses