Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Renderware Studio now cracked (Unity like game engine for PS2, Gamecube, Xbox and PC)

parappa

Reaction score
The renderware studio game engine (used to make the most 6th gen games) is now cracked.
This is not just the SDK which has been on the internet for ages
This download also includes Renderware Studio (the Unity like graphical interface game engine), and a crack to run it.
I looked around it and it seems to have been very ahead of its time having many features reminiscent of modern engines like Unity
This version is from mid 2004
You can run and test the projects on PC. it comes with example projects and code.
I imagine you could get something running with minimal knowledge and effort. Like take the FPS Example project and import your own level models and change the variables in the character script

I just want as much of the 6th gen dev community to know about this as possible

https://archive.org/details/renderwaregraphics3.7sdkandstudio2.01

Renderware3.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Holy shit! This is HUGE! Thanks for sharing!

Americandad

Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
Dumb question: seeing as Renderware supported the Dreamcast and powered all GTA games up to Bully (I count that as a GTA game) does this mean those games could be made to run on Dreamcast?

Asena

Reaction score
Anyone got the guts to contact Criterion/EA for a "no support needed, just don't sue me" licence for it?

Dumb question: seeing as Renderware supported the Dreamcast and powered all GTA games up to Bully (I count that as a GTA game) does this mean those games could be made to run on Dreamcast?
That would require for an earlier version with DC exports to leak as well, even if it did, its probably not technically feasible as the engine was not-as-up-to-spec as it was in other platforms. The best hope for that happening is if, someone really talented dedicates a lot of time on the open-source RenderWare re-implementation on making a DC port, and if the GTA3 decompilation project goes well.

Xaeroxcore

Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
xaeroxcore
AG Join Date
Oct 17, 2012

Anyone got the guts to contact Criterion/EA for a "no support needed, just don't sue me" licence for it?

That would require for an earlier version with DC exports to leak as well, even if it did, its probably not technically feasible as the engine was not-as-up-to-spec as it was in other platforms. The best hope for that happening is if, someone really talented dedicates a lot of time on the open-source RenderWare re-implementation on making a DC port, and if the GTA3 decompilation project goes well.
Please tell me more about that GTA 3 decompilation!

cta

Registered
Reaction score
It might refer to re3? Though that one seems to be about reverse engineering and reimplementing, not so much straight decompilation like e.g. the SM64 one or Diablo Devilution. Either way it works quite well, I've been playing around with their "miami" (Vice City) branch for the last couple days.

Asena

Reaction score
The project that was in my head is the OpenRW project. Which is a different project but similar aims, to be a open-source re-implementation of RW that is GTA focused. If I remember correctly, they had OpenRW some-what working on PS2 at an earlier less complete stage.

GoTeamScotch

Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
GoTeamScotch
AG Join Date
Jul 14, 2016
Thanks for sharing!

I tried installing, but ran into a problem. When I use the "RealiSimExec.dll" file that's included, it causes RW to crash on startup (see screenshot). This is with a fresh install of WinXP 32-bit SP3 running in VirtualBox. I tried on another WinXP VM I use often and it did the same thing. Using the default RealiSimExec.dll file leads to an error screen where RW complains that I don't have a license (the 10-day trial didn't even start).

I have the "MS Forms 2.0 Objects library" installed, and the setup program installed "Microsoft XML service pack".

Any tips?

Attachments

• rw-error.png
    rw-error.png
    59 KB · Views: 0

Asena

Reaction score
Is the trial not starting even with the Windows date/time being set to June 30, 2004?

parappa

Reaction score
When I use the "RealiSimExec.dll" file that's included, it causes RW to crash on startup (see screenshot).
What screenshot?
Also has anyone successfully got it running?

On my working version I was using windows xp media centre edition, probably service pack 1 or non at all
And i installed windows office 2007 to get the MSForms stuff.

Maybe try going for the trial and then installing the patch? That would have to be on a fresh install, set the clock to june 30th 2004 and try installing then (and msforms) and then the crack

I cant see your picture but if it mentions something about D3D it means your VM isn't supporting 3D or you dont have direct X isntalled

morpog

Reaction score
hi guys, it might be a little late to ask but you can import assets? Whenever i try to import any asset to the game population tab the program freezes

parappa

Reaction score
hi guys, it might be a little late to ask but you can import assets? Whenever i try to import any asset to the game population tab the program freezes
I think someone had the same problem in youtube comments section, and was using windows 7 or 10
You may just have to use an older version of windows

RetroMura

Reaction score
doing a bit of testing yields that VM use may be ill advised, I suspect its a DX issue or some other VM nonsense, will test on actual hardware when time is found, btw the modified DLL that is included only bypasses a few checks it seems as the diagnostic program still reports that the license is invalid, but I think this can be ignored and the MS DX issue/Enterprise Hose Module issue is far more important and possibly points to a need for hardware

RetroMura

Reaction score
doing a bit of testing yields that VM use may be ill advised, I suspect its a DX issue or some other VM nonsense, will test on actual hardware when time is found, btw the modified DLL that is included only bypasses a few checks it seems as the diagnostic program still reports that the license is invalid, but I think this can be ignored and the MS DX issue/Enterprise Hose Module issue is far more important and possibly points to a need for hardware
renderwarescreenshot.png
included is also a screenshot of the license file for studio pulled up in notepad, editing the date fields on the right is pointless as the key entries on the right determine everything.

any name you wish

Reaction score
AG Join Date
I seem to have no issue running it through a VM.
1626976607200.png

Reaction score
AG User Name
joshuawthomson1
AG Join Date
how do I setup the sony compilers to work with this? I'm trying to compile rwstudio examples into ELFs and run them but no matter what I've tried, the studio keeps compiling project files with no usable .mcp or ELF files, I read in the instruction manual that you need to setup the studio to use compilers for the studios direct deployment but so far I've had no luck. I read that you can use either ProDG or codewarrior, I'm not sure if it's for the sake of compiler locations or what, I've been trying to get something out of this studio since last year and I ended up walking away from it annoyed that I haven't been able to ever use my T10k for nothing other than ProDG Debugging.

Last edited:

xoco

Reaction score
were you able to resolve this?

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6