Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

N64 Repair diagnosis n64

Neoblazer

Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Hi

I currently working on two Nintendo 64’s models are an nus-001 eur they both power up but neither display video, I have replaced the power and av leads with aus standard ones so I am wondering if it is an issue with HD upscaling or unit compatibly because they are euro models. One is using a expansion pack and other is using a standard pack internally .

If anyone has any tips or hints as to what else I can try would love to here them.

Elapagaluces94

Registered
Jul 31, 2019
AGName
ElApagaLuces
AG Join Date
31/7/2019
Dumb question but you checked that the cartdriges are NTSC? if the cartdrige is NTSC and its a PAL console it will not boot and you will get a black screen, also black screen means that the cartdrige could not be read for example i have a Diddy Kong Racing that is almost 21 years old and sometimes it wont load leaving a black screen
and you have to remove it and put it back and it works, you can also try cleaning the contacts of the cartridges and the console slot also maybe there is the problem

Reactions: Neoblazer

Neoblazer

Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
No hadn’t thought of that but there all nus-eur-1 cartridges I am not get any signal at all checked the contacts are reasonable clean and undamaged but will get some contact cleaner to be sure.I have tried running them on 2 tvs and still no joy even using an av selector and just straight through to connect. I do have euro av leads might have to get an adapter and see if it will display using them

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Fwiw, expansion versus jumper pack doesn't matter here since even those carts that require the expansion would at least throw up a screen telling you so, i.e. you'd get a picture.

I'd try ruling out upscaling issues by finding a TV that's known to work well with older signals. Also try an S-Video cable along wth composhite, if you have one. But I'm with Elapa in that the most likely cause is a simple boot issue.

supersega

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 25, 2019
AGName
supersega
AG Join Date
Jul 25, 2014
Given how it's two N64s that are similar, something is odd between the same cables or carts that you are using. How many games do you have to try it with?

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Did you try cleaning the cartridge slot and games with isopropyl alcohol? Another TV?

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
Swap jumper pak and expansion pak. Maybe reseating will help.

gorgyrip

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
gorgyrip
AG Join Date
26 octomber 2007
Same problem here. I managed to fix a japanese n64. It had 2 corroded traces. It was hard to see because the corrosion was near the ic pins. Now it works. But i still have 2 pal n64 that i can't find the issue.

Make a donation