Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

X360 Request: Modern Warfare 2 Contingency Submarine Restore edit

Xolara

Original poster
Aug 8, 2019
AGName
Xolara
If anyone didn't know, there was a Youtube video out at one point that showcased a cut section of the campaign level "Contingency" where you would go into the submarine with Price to do various tasks rather than defend the submarine like in the retail version, However, the video has since been taken down due to copyright by Activision.

Would anyone happen to have the edited files needed to make this cut section of the mission work again? If anyone does, I'd gladly appreciate it if someone could share the files or show how to edit them to make the section work.

Thanks to whoever can help.

Riley541

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jan 23, 2019
I'm not entirely sure how it was done but it involved the "start" command and some editing of the gsc file. For example on build 328 of cod 4 you can type "start deck" on the mission training and it will pull up a cut training exercise. Basically the same thing here with mw2 but no details have been released on how to it and sadly I don't think they ever will.

Xolara

Original poster
Aug 8, 2019
AGName
Xolara
Oh well, I already did some editing to the gsc file and restored some of the cut parts from it. So far managed to get the objective messages and waypoint to pop up but when you get to a certain distance and got the gas FX and submarine crew to spawn. Only problems I'm having are that they give off two undefined and bool errors. Once you get closer to the sub when you're at the defend outpost and once you're right on the submarine. Once the undefined and bool errors pop-up, the mission no longer progresses.

The submarine parts are just commented out. By uncommenting them and changing some of the threads from defend_sub to sub you can trigger the submarine parts. I'm still working on getting the mission to progress and getting Price to get to the sub. Since he only stops once the group are at the Jeeps where the defend outpost is.

Once I get the submarine parts working without error, I'll release the contingency.ffm for the Mw2 build so others can see what it was like before it got changed.

Make a donation