Welcome, Guest!

Here are some external resources you may find helpful
  • Hello, Guest.

With the recent attacks against members, and lack of care towards their mental health we have started a fundraiser to help fund the life saving charity the Samaritans. Without their support and efforts many people we know wouldn't be alive.

If you're able to help, you can donate via our fundraiser on GoFundMe Link

Thank you.

Rest in Peace AssemblerGames, Welcome back ObscureGamers? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinta77

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I don't know a whole lot about the history. I joined assembler during the last few years, and I just posted occasionally. But I'm here, and hopefully everything goes well

NeoSnk

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to put the community together again! I was broken this morning when I read about AG =/

Pinta77

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Might be for the better. Assembler was not getting the tender love and care it needed. Perhaps this is a new beginning

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Administrator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
OG coming back is a gift to the community after receiving such bad news. I hope OG can carry on the flame. :)

BetaGuy64

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
BetaGuy64
AG Join Date
July 19th, 2014
The question is whether this is a temporary thing, or if it's something we can keep up. I sincerely hope it's the latter. I don't mean to undermine the efforts of Demon and the mod crew, but this can't end up happening AGAIN. Maybe a donation account is in order somewhere along the road, and I'd be happy to contribute a buck or two.

Pinta77

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
The question is whether this is a temporary thing, or if it's something we can keep up. I sincerely hope it's the latter. I don't mean to undermine the efforts of Demon and the mod crew, but this can't end up happening AGAIN. Maybe a donation account is in order somewhere along the road, and I'd be happy to contribute a buck or two.

I mean, was it a matter of money or was it a matter of leadership lacking a passion? If it's partially money then yeah, we could step up.

If anyone is familiar with Pokecommunity, they have a system where you can donate and you get a badge/tier that is under your username. Kind of a cool idea, perhaps could be implemented in the future here

BetaGuy64

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
BetaGuy64
AG Join Date
July 19th, 2014
I mean, was it a matter of money or was it a matter of leadership lacking a passion? If it's partially money then yeah, we could step up.
Mostly Kevin being a fucking retard, but the excuse was money. In any case, ASSEMbler has faced some legitimate monetary issues in the past that have been solved with crowdfunding, so it's a legitimate option

Pinta77

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Mostly Kevin being a fucking retard, but the excuse was money. In any case, ASSEMbler has faced some legitimate monetary issues in the past that have been solved with crowdfunding, so it's a legitimate option

Lol I just edited my post as you were replying. But yeah, maybe once everything settles we could have some sort of donation system set up.

ToxicMedz

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Its a real shame that it seems like he doesn't want to pass on the reins. Will be sad to see the site go..

keropi

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
keropi
AG Join Date
Feb 2, 2011
that place was dead since a couple of years and full of bs about admin teams etc...
ideally it should be transferred to someone else or a team but for some weird reason this is not an option. This should have happened years ago.
I hope this new place gathers a great part of the ag userbase :)

FromAllAspects

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
that place was dead since a couple of years and full of bs about admin teams etc...
ideally it should be transferred to someone else or a team but for some weird reason this is not an option. This should have happened years ago.
I hope this new place gathers a great part of the ag userbase :)
At least it's come back. Trust me, since AG is dying, nearly everyone will seek refuge here (literally). Let's see what the future of OG holds!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Last edited:

Seroczynski

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Seroczynski
AG Join Date
Jun 30, 2016
Thanks for your effort, to new beginnings!

Wombat

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Big up for stepping up and resurrecting OG! Happy to see some familiar faces here also. Now let's go preserve some history and do what we do best, talk about some obscure stuff ^_^

DinohScene

Feed Dino to the Sharks
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
DinohScene
AG Join Date
29-05-'11
Sad to see AG go.
Barely posted there, starting to regret it.

SiZiOUS

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sizious.com
AG User Name
SiZiOUS
AG Join Date
Mar 27, 2009
I sincerelly hope we'll have a new starting point to continue sharing cool obscure/rare stuff here; latest in date for me is the Fish Life :ROFLMAO:

RIP AG, I really loved this place.

Dracarys

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
I sincerelly hope we'll have a new starting point to continue sharing cool obscure/rare stuff here; latest in date for me is the Fish Life :ROFLMAO:

RIP AG, I really loved this place.

Thanks again for your help, looking forward to what comes next ;)

Trimesh

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
Hopefully. We don't want this new place to be full of idiots. Let's keep it safe for work level.
Here's hopping this will grow in to the amazing site Assembler games was 10 years ago.

I was thinking about you earlier - I was passing through shin-Shiminoseki station, isn't that your part of the world?

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
Does anyone else think there's a possibility that Kevin might spring a last minute surprise and somehow do the bare minimum to keep ASSEMbler open after its recently announced expiration date? I just get a feeling we've not seen the end of this drama, though I'd rather we had a clean slate without that kind of threat hanging over us, never mind the forum being a virtual ghost town for months, perhaps because most people were scared off by what happened to the previously reliable moderators. I had very high hopes for the earlier incarnation of OG, so let's keep our fingers crossed that a healthy scene is maintained this time around - the prototype scene deserves to continue thriving, especially as there's still so much we've yet to enjoy that I just know is out there, waiting to be released... AG at its peak was a brilliant resource, and I'm sure that level of activity can be achieved again with many of the same people on board!

Status
Not open for further replies.