Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I got one and I have some notes.

-Great on Switch but every time you turn the switch on the buttons are reversed so you have to press down and Start. There's also way to make the Switch see the dpad as either analog stick.

-Does not work on PS2 through a Brook Converter, it recognizes the buttons but the d-pad does nothing.

-KIND OF works on Dreamcast with a Total Control 3. Sometimes it doesn't know it's there, sometimes it works, sometimes there lag, sometimes in thinks you're pressing a different direction.

-Works great on the actual Saturn.

-is precise enough for me to easily pull off Akuma's Shungokusatsu in Alpha 3 and 3rd strike.

I've only used it for a short time on Saturn. I've mostly been playing Street Fighter and Neo Geo games on Switch with it.
Recommended

Reactions: Arcadia

SaturnHST

Jun 4, 2019
I am waiting for mine in the mail. They look good, but some people are saying you cannot use them as a wired controller when it is charging.

Cooljerk

Jun 8, 2019
AGName
The Perfect K
-KIND OF works on Dreamcast with a Total Control 3. Sometimes it doesn't know it's there, sometimes it works, sometimes there lag, sometimes in thinks you're pressing a different direction.

Been trying to get mine working with the Total Control 3 for about a week now with no luck. I actually bought it specifically for Dreamcast homebrew as part of an SDK i put together, so it's kind of a bummer. Any idea what is causing yours to sort-work?

Also been testing it with an Innovation PSX/Saturn/PS/2 converter and it also doesn't work there :(

All that said, the controllers are amazing with Smash Bros on the Switch. Holy crap!

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
It just sort started to work then didn't. I unplugged it and plugged it back in once.

Managed a few supers in SFA3 before it decided that the dpad was registering ALL TEH InnPUTz

Cooljerk

Jun 8, 2019
AGName
The Perfect K
Hmm, still haven't been able to get mine recognized at all. I wonder what it is specifically that makes them not work with the Dreamcast. I've tried all sorts of weird 3rd party saturn controllers in the past and they've worked.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
It's weird it just happened, now it doesn't.

Like a bad burn of a game.

maybe it's the driver in the dongle I don't know.

NightBreeze

Registered
Aug 1, 2019
It's weird it just happened, now it doesn't.

Like a bad burn of a game.

maybe it's the driver in the dongle I don't know.

Here’s a few ideas:
  • The TC3 doesn’t provide enough power to the dongle (brownout)
  • TC3 and dongle don’t make a proper ground connection (perhaps wiggling helps)
  • Too much EMI from either dongle or TC3
If it’s interference, you could try wrapping as much of the TC3 in aluminum foil as you can :D.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
The dongle is powered on, just no response.

Make a donation