Retro Core Channel thread

Punch

Reeeefugee.
Aug 24, 2019
AGName
Punch
AG Join Date
Aug 21, 2011
Yakumo, your channel is pretty damn cool, it's nice to have a non-douchebag youtuber in Japan not doing the usual cynical expat song and dance to generate content. I both like your video game and random japan vlogs. Keep at it my man!

Reactions: Yakumo

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
Yakumo, your channel is pretty damn cool, it's nice to have a non-douchebag youtuber in Japan not doing the usual cynical expat song and dance to generate content. I both like your video game and random japan vlogs. Keep at it my man!
Thanks Punch. I know the type of YouTuber you are talking about. I can't stand those types of people. No imagination and mostly just idiots.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Two videos today. First up is this week's battle of the ports

And second are some Super Mario Sport Eggs.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
A while back I reviewed the Sky arcade joystick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3SE... That was a massive stick, too big for some people's homes. Well here we are with something a little smaller yet still delivers that arcade experience and it has more games!!

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
The Aya Teruha Suspension Bridge extends over the laurel forest area in Kyushu-chuo Sanchi Quasi-National Park, this suspension bridge is one of the largest in the world, at 142 meters high and 250 meters long. It WAS the largest in the world until 2006. In front of the Teruha Suspension Bridge is the Shoyo Jurin Bunkakan (Laurel Forest Culture Hall), where you can learn about the creatures living in the laurel forest, and the rest of the forest. On the other side of the suspension bridge is a 2 km nature trail, where you can enjoy a peaceful walk in the woods for around 40 minutes. Keep watching until the end for some nighttime driving.

Reactions: Johnny

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Game Arts are no longer around but when they were they made some of the most impressive games of their time. This week on Battle of the Ports we'll take a look at Silpheed.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
This week we are taking a look at a game i enjoyed as a child but had completely forgotten about it until recently. That game is simply titled, Bruce Lee.

Reactions: Jackhammer

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
In the last video we took a look at the stock GPD XD Plus. In this video we take a look at the system running emulators that were installed after purchase. Can these made a difference to the reasonable quality of the stock system? You bet they can.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
The Japanese Mega Drive Mini Accessories set comes with a very nice surprise!! Major Fan Service!

Reactions: Johnny and Arcadia

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Sorry guys, I forgot to add the Atari Lynx version. But not to worry, there's still 12 versions to see.

Also, gameplay footage from the all new Darius Port to the Mega Drive.

Reactions: Johnny

Johnny

Gran Turismo Freak
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
Johnny
AG Join Date
Mar 14, 2004
Oh Man, Super Off Road does brings back memories. Loved playing it on the arcades. Do you know the arcade had an upgrade rom kit called Track Pack? I only discovered it when MAME became a thing.

Still, i remember being so upset that Tectoy never released the SMS port here. Years later, i got a bootled copy of the DOS port, thanks to a friend from high school. He used to download stuff (mostly doom wads) from BBS and found it somehow.

PS: Haven't been around much, but have to always thank you for continuing making great content.

Reactions: karsten and Yakumo

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Someone mentioned this device in the comments of the GPD video so I just had to check it out. The RG-300 is pretty impressive for the price.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Today is a classic Data East puzzle games that didn't really find a large following until the second game released on the Neo Geo.
Magical Drop.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
A series of games I loved until they ruined it with sexual overtones of the last gen games. Here is the third Parodius game, Gokujyou Parodius.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
A few weeks back I received a fake PS4 controller. It looks legit to the untrained eye and even felt good but is it worth buying as a second controller or a first controller? They are practically a quarter of the official price so let's take a look.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Let's take a look at a game that should have never been given the Thundercats name.

Reactions: Arcadia

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Are you going to review the RG-350, or is it just a reskinned RG-300 and not worth reviewing?

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Today, I took a look at the X2

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Are you going to review the RG-350, or is it just a reskinned RG-300 and not worth reviewing?
I'm looking in to getting one.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
It's been a great month for pick ups but sadly still waiting on my Japanese Bloodstained game. Should be out on October 24th.

Make a donation