Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
Here we go with the first of many remastered versions of classic Battle of the Ports videos. The early shows didn't feature a voiceover and only ran in 30fps. Over time I'll be remastering these old episodes with full voiceover as you've come to expect, 60fps captures and adding games that I may have missed in the past. So sit back and enjoy this new version of Battle of the Ports, Out Run.

Reactions: Johnny

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
We all loved the sound from the Sega Mega drive judging from the comment section but it seems people may not be educated on the sound of the Super Nintendo. Back as a kid I was in to both consoles very heavily (and the PC Engine) so I got to hear the best of each system. Both the Mega Drive and Super Nintendo have their own unique sound. Both have pluses and minuses. Sit back and enjoy just over an hour of some quality music from the Super Nintendo. And yes, I know there are many good game tracks missing. Don't worry, this is volume 1. Plok and the rest will be coming (^o^)

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Hi guys. Recently Red Art Games got in touch and asked if I'd be interested in checking out some of their physical versions of digital only games. Hell, yeah! Physical media forever.

Reactions: Arcadia

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019

Another great vid. Really enjoy your commentary too. If you are interested there is a modified C64 version that keeps the same speed but really pushes up the frame rate along with a few other tweaks, all while keeping the original feel of the game. You need a modded c64 or an emulator to play it though. Also I think the ST had a slight edge on frame rate as it never dropped below 15 while the stock Amiga 500 one did some of the time, but it's barely noticeable.

Reactions: Yakumo

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Another great vid. Really enjoy your commentary too. If you are interested there is a modified C64 version that keeps the same speed but really pushes up the frame rate along with a few other tweaks, all while keeping the original feel of the game. You need a modded c64 or an emulator to play it though. Also I think the ST had a slight edge on frame rate as it never dropped below 15 while the stock Amiga 500 one did some of the time, but it's barely noticeable.
That C64 modded version sounds cool. It's nice to see the C64 get a good racer.

A mini arcade that actually works rather well.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Welcome to the second Battle of the Ports Remastered series. Today we are revisited Final Fight. The original video released on 30th August 2013 only covered 11 versions of the game and ran at 30fps 720p without any voice-over. This remastered video runs at 60fps 1080p with voice-over and includes 14 unique versions of Final Fight and that doesn't include emulations of the arcade rom running on other platforms such as that found on the PS2's Final Fight Street Wise or compilation packs and virtual consoles.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Dead or Alive, you're coming with me

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Today I'm taking a look at Riddled Corpses EX.
Now, this game was a digital only release but now thanks to Red Art Games it's available as a physical release for PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

Red Art Games - https://www.redartgames.com/

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
It's the 90's and there is time for Klax!

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Today we're taking a look at FullBlast. Now, this game was a digital only release but now thanks to Red Art Games it's available as a physical release for PS4. Grab your copy and other games over at Red Art Games for only 14.99 Euros - https://www.redartgames.com/
This game is limited to only 1500 copies. Once they've gone, they've gone for good.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Full review of a system that actually lets you play in 4:3!

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Expectations need to be realistic with this one as it is cheap. But how is it? Well, ask yourself this. How much would you pay for a very good new GameBoy? How about adding GBC to that and maybe some Mega Drive, Neo Geo Pocket and a little arcade action? Think of it that way and the current price doesn't seem that bad.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles wanna be, the Battletoads are here! Does the game suck or is it all they say it is? How about the ports? Can the Amiga produce a good port of a NES game? Watch on to find out. Please note that the Game Boy and Master System games are not included since they are different games. Same goes for the arcade game. The Xbox One Rare collection version isn't featured because that's just emulation running on the Xbox One.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Can the Pandora Box be modded by the average Joe?

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
It's time to play with the balls of steel.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Here's another Red Art Games release. I'm actually really liking this one. The Bard's Tale Remastered and Resnalked

Make a donation