Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Retro Core Channel thread

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
Hi Yakumo, enjoyed every vid of you. Today (again) Chiki Chiki Boys. Lovely game:)

Oh and nice to see you here!

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
I've enjoyed watching your videos over at AG, so I'm glad to see them here, especially the day to day life in Japan.
Thanks, Jackhammer.

Love Capcom? Love old Capcom? Well you may just love this.

Reactions: Jackhammer

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
Haha! You won't believe it, really. Yust put that exact vid in my tabs before coming here.

I love all of Capcom. By the way did Capcom really program SonSon2? I think it was NEC Avenue, hmm...

Last edited:

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
SonSon2 was licensed by Capcom but I'm not sure who actually developed it.

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
Licenced yes but I've heard somewhere Capcom guys developed it. Very strange game, it had very little to do with part one but very much with Black Tiger. It must have been the "Black Tiger Team" because many elements are the same. I love SonSon2 so much?

Last edited:

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Well, I finally got my hands on the PowKiddy X18. Does it live up to expectations?

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
Ahh G-Darius:love: Own the PCB and PS1 version, wonderful game. The problem with these emulation devices (and emulation in general) is input-lag. Hate it. All emus suffer from this desease therefore I play always with V-Sync Off. You won't see the screen tearing after a while but will notice the "quickness" very well.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
The original Paperboy was a classic but the follow up is a whole different story. But hey, at least you can now play as a girl.

null

Jun 28, 2019
AGName
altbrian
AG Join Date
Aug 20, 2010
Thanks Mark for another fantastic video on the BoTP series. Paperboy didn't grew on my, It's a very rubbish game in all its versions

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Thanks Mark for another fantastic video on the BoTP series. Paperboy didn't grew on my, It's a very rubbish game in all its versions
I do quite like the Megadrive version.

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019

I hated it from the beginning. It's just crap to me. "Back in the day Atari" is way overhyped?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yakumo

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Two new videos this week. First a review of the Pocket-Go

And this week's Battle of the Ports

Reactions: Johnny and Arcadia

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
Yep, that's the one. Do you know it?

Not that well - I have taken that line a few times, but not anything like recently. It just looked sort of familiar. I can also remember when it didn't run to Kokura station, and you had to leave the station and walk down the road to change to the monorail, which seemed pretty stupid - this was something like 20 years ago, though.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
After making the last Pocket-Go video I wrote off to BittBoy explaining that most people were not happy about the screen refresh rate and tearing. Well guess what? They might actually address this issue. In this video I show you their response, more emulations testing and some of the ported Linux games running on the Pocket-Go.

Reactions: Johnny

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
A few videos I forgot to post about

Last week we took a look at Chuck Rock. A game many disliked. This week we have the squeal, Son of Chuck. A game many people seem to like. Let's check it out.

Technology is amazing isn't it? When I was a kid we had small LCD games and a cheap Walkman to entertain us. Now we have so many choices. But, have you ever wanted to take that living room experience with you when camping? Well, now you can! Well, as long as you are travelling by car.

Last edited:

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Not that well - I have taken that line a few times, but not anything like recently. It just looked sort of familiar. I can also remember when it didn't run to Kokura station, and you had to leave the station and walk down the road to change to the monorail, which seemed pretty stupid - this was something like 20 years ago, though.
Ah yes, back then there was no monorail station in the Kokura Station. that's changed now.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Wanna take a look around a Japanese electronic store&s games department then head on up to the Taito Station arcade? You bet you do.

Reactions: Domspun

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
Good to know Arcade ist still alive in Japan. Did you ever visit Namco Wonder Eggs park? I had the honor of doing so back in the day, it was phantastic whith that gigantic game/building called Galaxian³ 26 player action. Oh Arcades everywhere. VF2, RR and Daytona were big plus PS1 and SAT launch the time I was there. '94 was a good year for gaming.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Good to know Arcade ist still alive in Japan. Did you ever visit Namco Wonder Eggs park? I had the honor of doing so back in the day, it was phantastic whith that gigantic game/building called Galaxian³ 26 player action. Oh Arcades everywhere. VF2, RR and Daytona were big plus PS1 and SAT launch the time I was there. '94 was a good year for gaming.
I've been to a few arcades by Namco but not that particular one. It sounds great.

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
Yes it was very special. I still have that lovely typical japanese cutie flyer/map of this place. They even had that full Mazda 3-Screen-projection beast there and a "smaller" 6P Galaxian³ and many other fun games for all ages and genders.

These three weeks were very very exciting for me. Not only gaming and Akihabara of course, but food!! And many cultural places I have been like the temples in Kyoto or even... puhh probably this must be the most japanese experience any gaijin can get:

January 1st 1995 ( I know how holy and important the 1st is) I was invited into the whole family ( three geneations me thinks) of my Japanese friend Kentaro (another story) in rural Kyoto. Classic Japanese house and living style aaand... eating haha! It was a great honor for me to get so close and witness all of that :)

I will visit Japan again, that is for sure! Sorry don't want to derail your thread but when it comes to... I get excited.

Last edited:

Make a donation